Get your Health question answered in 3 easy steps
A Doctor will be with you shortly
Ask a Doctor Now
142 Doctors are Online

Had protected sex and oral sex. Cold, fever, diarrhea. Scared about HIV

Hi Dr. Samuel I would to ask you about the HIV symptoms. In the past two months I accidently had protected sex with some guy online that I met. And I also did the oral sex , but after about couple days. I had like a cold and fever . Now I worry about it too much with dress which me feel like my body temperature went high. However when I measure it, its only about 98 degree. I m so scared right now because they say that I have to wait for at least three months to get test for accurate result. Also I start to have diarrhea . Any suggestion you may give please?
Asked On : Sun, 16 Sep 2012
Answers:  1 Views:  186
Report Abuse
Share on Facebook
Share on Twitter
Share on Google+
Question is related to
Diseases and Conditions
Medical Topics
HIV AIDS Specialist 's  Response

Welcome to HCM.

The symptoms may be a infection of your throat due to the oral sex. It may be treated easily with some antibiotics like Erythromycin or Amoxycillin. If you are worrying about HIV, you can go for HIV DNA PCR test. It will become reactive within three to four weeks after the last infectious encounter. If it came negative you need not worry about HIV. Gonococcal Pharyngitis may be another cause for your problem if your contact had that infection.

You please meet a Dermatovenereologist and get examined by him and assertain you are free from HIV/STD.

Get well soon. Dr S.Murugan
Answered: Mon, 17 Sep 2012
I find this answer helpful
Disclaimer: These answers are for your information only and not intended to replace your relationship with your treating physician.
This is a short, free answer. For a more detailed, immediate answer, try our premium service [Sample answer]


Loading Online Doctors....
© Ebix, Inc. All Rights Reserved.
All the information, content and live chat provided on the site is intended to be for informational purposes only, and not a substitute for professional or medical advice. You should always speak with your doctor before you follow anything that you read on this website. Any health question asked on this site will be visible to the people who browse this site. Hence, the user assumes the responsibility not to divulge any personally identifiable information in the question. Use of this site is subject to our Terms & Conditions
Already Rated.
Your rating:

Ask a Doctor