Get your Health question answered in 3 easy steps
A Doctor will be with you shortly
Ask a Doctor Now
168 Doctors are Online

Had protected sex. Negative retrovirus test. Have red spots on arms, pimples on face. Am I infected?

I had sex with a sex worker (used a condom) two weeks ago and now i am worried of HIV infections. I got tested for Retro Virus (Tri-dot) after 2 days of having sex and the result was negative. But on searching over internet i came to know that the HIV antibodies will take around 21-26 days to get into blood . so i am still concerned over it as i see tiny red spots on my arms now and pimples on my face. No headache , tiredness nothing. Please let me know if i been infected? Shall i undergo one more test now as it s been two weeks, will the results be accurate?
Asked On : Wed, 16 Jan 2013
Answers:  1 Views:  170
Report Abuse
Share on Facebook
Share on Twitter
Share on Google+
Question is related to
Diseases and Conditions
Internal Medicine Specialist 's  Response
if u are sure that the condom did not break during sex u can be rest assured u did not get infected. signs and symptoms of HIV occur approximately 3 months after getting infected .this stage is called acute HIV syndrome
Answered: Wed, 16 Jan 2013
I find this answer helpful

1 Doctor agrees with this answer

Disclaimer: These answers are for your information only and not intended to replace your relationship with your treating physician.
This is a short, free answer. For a more detailed, immediate answer, try our premium service [Sample answer]


Loading Online Doctors....
© Ebix, Inc. All Rights Reserved.
All the information, content and live chat provided on the site is intended to be for informational purposes only, and not a substitute for professional or medical advice. You should always speak with your doctor before you follow anything that you read on this website. Any health question asked on this site will be visible to the people who browse this site. Hence, the user assumes the responsibility not to divulge any personally identifiable information in the question. Use of this site is subject to our Terms & Conditions
Already Rated.
Your rating:

Ask a Doctor