Get your Health question answered in 3 easy steps
A Doctor will be with you shortly
Ask a Doctor Now
191 Doctors are Online

Had protected sex. Missed period. Take contraceptive now?

my girlfriend has a 28 days menstrual cycle which is quite regular.she had her last periods on 29th November and she is suppose to have her next periods on on 27th December .....we had protected sex on 25th december..... Today is 27th of December and she did not have her periods...should i give her a contraceptive pill as 72 hours have not passed yet ?? need experts answer. please
Asked On : Sun, 30 Dec 2012
Answers:  1 Views:  15
Report Abuse
Share on Facebook
Share on Twitter
Share on Google+
Question is related to
Diseases and Conditions
General & Family Physician 's  Response
Hello dear and welcome
You have a protected sex in safe period when there is very less or no chance of being getting pregnant. But as we cannot rule out it 100% surely that your gf is not pregnant. Some times both protection and safe period sex fails. So it is better to give her a pill by consulting your gynecologist. There may be other reasons for delayed periods which may need some investigations.
Best Wishes
Answered: Sun, 30 Dec 2012
I find this answer helpful
Disclaimer: These answers are for your information only and not intended to replace your relationship with your treating physician.
This is a short, free answer. For a more detailed, immediate answer, try our premium service [Sample answer]


Loading Online Doctors....
© Ebix, Inc. All Rights Reserved.
All the information, content and live chat provided on the site is intended to be for informational purposes only, and not a substitute for professional or medical advice. You should always speak with your doctor before you follow anything that you read on this website. Any health question asked on this site will be visible to the people who browse this site. Hence, the user assumes the responsibility not to divulge any personally identifiable information in the question. Use of this site is subject to our Terms & Conditions
Already Rated.
Your rating:

Ask a Doctor