Get your Health question answered in 3 easy steps
A Doctor will be with you shortly
Ask a Doctor Now
142 Doctors are Online

Had protected sex. Found blood at the end of the condom. Used water & methylated spirit. Have i been contracted with the virus?

I am a 26 year old male. i had protected sex with a lady i hadly know a week ago. However after i had finished having sex with her, i found blood at the end of the condom. i had to wash that blood with water and later with methylated spirit. Can the HIV virus survive in water or methylated spirit. since then, i have been feeling pain in my tonsils. Could this be a symptom that i have contracted the virus?
Asked On : Sat, 6 Apr 2013
Answers:  1 Views:  88
Report Abuse
Share on Facebook
Share on Twitter
Share on Google+
Question is related to
Diseases and Conditions
HIV AIDS Specialist 's  Response
Welcome to HCM.

When your sex is totally protected and blood found over the condom after the end of the act did not matter. You need not wash the same. You washed your organ or condom? Methylated spirit will be able to destroy the virus if any on the blood stain. So you need not worry about HIV.
Dr S.murugan
Answered: Fri, 26 Apr 2013
I find this answer helpful
Disclaimer: These answers are for your information only and not intended to replace your relationship with your treating physician.
This is a short, free answer. For a more detailed, immediate answer, try our premium service [Sample answer]


Loading Online Doctors....
© Ebix, Inc. All Rights Reserved.
All the information, content and live chat provided on the site is intended to be for informational purposes only, and not a substitute for professional or medical advice. You should always speak with your doctor before you follow anything that you read on this website. Any health question asked on this site will be visible to the people who browse this site. Hence, the user assumes the responsibility not to divulge any personally identifiable information in the question. Use of this site is subject to our Terms & Conditions
Already Rated.
Your rating:

Ask a Doctor