Get your Health question answered in 3 easy steps
A Doctor will be with you shortly
Ask a Doctor Now
191 Doctors are Online

Had protected oral sex with a sex worker, had chapped lips later. Am I infected with HIV ?

I had protected sex with a sex - worker around 2 months back. I kissed her on her lips many a times and was about to perform oral sex on her and touched my mouth on her vagina for a second or two, but quickly restrained. Immediately. After 2 days I had chapped lips and after 2 months, I now have fever and sore throat. Does this mean that I am infected with HIV?
Asked On : Wed, 10 Apr 2013
Answers:  1 Views:  56
Report Abuse
Share on Facebook
Share on Twitter
Share on Google+
Question is related to
Diseases and Conditions
Critical Care Specialist 's  Response
Hi thanks for your question.
The symptoms you described are of AIDS.Antibodies to HIV are detected in blood usually after 3 weeks to 6 months after infection but can be detected as early as 2 to 6 weeks after infection.Consult a physician who may be able to get your HIV test done to rule out or confirm HIV infection in you .
Hope this answers your question.
Answered: Wed, 10 Apr 2013
I find this answer helpful
Disclaimer: These answers are for your information only and not intended to replace your relationship with your treating physician.
This is a short, free answer. For a more detailed, immediate answer, try our premium service [Sample answer]


Loading Online Doctors....
© Ebix, Inc. All Rights Reserved.
All the information, content and live chat provided on the site is intended to be for informational purposes only, and not a substitute for professional or medical advice. You should always speak with your doctor before you follow anything that you read on this website. Any health question asked on this site will be visible to the people who browse this site. Hence, the user assumes the responsibility not to divulge any personally identifiable information in the question. Use of this site is subject to our Terms & Conditions
Already Rated.
Your rating:

Ask a Doctor