Get your Health question answered in 3 easy steps
A Doctor will be with you shortly
Ask a Doctor Now
141 Doctors are Online

Had procedure done for cervical ectropion, severe cramping, red blood and clotting. Why?

I just had a procedure in my coctors office for cervical ectropion . I had very severe cramping until well into the evening of the day of the procedure. This was on Monday. It is now Friday and I experienced a large amount of bright red blood and a lot of clotting along with pain. I am not due to start my period for 2 weeks and I took a pregnancy test which came out negative. Was this a normal reaction after having this procedure done?
Asked On : Tue, 15 Jan 2013
Answers:  1 Views:  177
Report Abuse
Share on Facebook
Share on Twitter
Share on Google+
Question is related to
Diseases and Conditions
OBGYN 's  Response
Thanks for writing to us.
The red blood that you are having is likely to be due to the procedure that you had. Medicines like Tranexaemic acid will help in decreasing the bleeding. Do get these prescribed from your gynecologist.
I hope this information has been both informative and helpful for you.
Dr. Rakhi Tayal ,
Answered: Fri, 3 Jan 2014
I find this answer helpful
Disclaimer: These answers are for your information only and not intended to replace your relationship with your treating physician.
This is a short, free answer. For a more detailed, immediate answer, try our premium service [Sample answer]


Loading Online Doctors....
© Ebix, Inc. All Rights Reserved.
All the information, content and live chat provided on the site is intended to be for informational purposes only, and not a substitute for professional or medical advice. You should always speak with your doctor before you follow anything that you read on this website. Any health question asked on this site will be visible to the people who browse this site. Hence, the user assumes the responsibility not to divulge any personally identifiable information in the question. Use of this site is subject to our Terms & Conditions
Already Rated.
Your rating:

Ask a Doctor