Get your Health question answered in 3 easy steps
A Doctor will be with you shortly
Ask a Doctor Now
158 Doctors are Online

Had premature twins a year after first pregnancy, died due to incompetent cervix. Conceive now?

Good day .... I m 35 and my husband is 39 we have a الأمر .5 years old boy and a year later I had a premature twin girls at 26 weeks due to incompetent cervix and they passed a way after the third day and the other on the following day. My husband and I are trying now for a year and half now my husband did a sperm count and this is his result/ count:87 million/ml --progression 50%--- liquefaction time is 30 min---- volume 7.8 ml--- ph:8 --- viscosity normal---- morphology 75% abnormal---- can we still get pregnant normally with this result considering my age? Or do we need to look for alternatives now.
Asked On : Fri, 4 Jan 2013
Answers:  1 Views:  18
Report Abuse
Share on Facebook
Share on Twitter
Share on Google+
Question is related to
Diseases and Conditions
Lab Tests
Medical Topics
OBGYN 's  Response
Mar 2013
Thanks for your query.
The semen analysis is normal
However, at 35 years, various other factors need to be considered for fertility.
First, is your ability to ovulate and produce good quality eggs.
For this, consult your infertility specialist, and get your ovarian reserve checked.
Basic laboratory tests, hormonal profile, thyroid profile, and tests for tubal patency need to be done.
If all of this is normal, you might still need to augment the treatment, as you do not have much time on your side.
Do not give up hope, as ART ( assisted reproductive technology ) has various options and treatments now, and 35 is not an age to give up trying for a child.
Take care.
Answered: Sat, 5 Jan 2013
I find this answer helpful
Disclaimer: These answers are for your information only and not intended to replace your relationship with your treating physician.
This is a short, free answer. For a more detailed, immediate answer, try our premium service [Sample answer]


Loading Online Doctors....
© Ebix, Inc. All Rights Reserved.
All the information, content and live chat provided on the site is intended to be for informational purposes only, and not a substitute for professional or medical advice. You should always speak with your doctor before you follow anything that you read on this website. Any health question asked on this site will be visible to the people who browse this site. Hence, the user assumes the responsibility not to divulge any personally identifiable information in the question. Use of this site is subject to our Terms & Conditions
Already Rated.
Your rating:

Ask a Doctor