Get your Health question answered in 3 easy steps
A Doctor will be with you shortly
Ask a Doctor Now
137 Doctors are Online

Had pilonidal sinus, been bleeding. Had a treatment. What can be done?

Hi Doctor I have been got treated in London for Pilonidal Sinus on Aug-2012 but still the would is not get healed.I have now very much worried as I have been moved to Bradford from london.I have been going for dressing everyday but there is no positive response.There are tiny holes found in the affected area and blood is coming out from there continously.Nurse has been looking on my wound and have advised me to take Antibiotic
Asked On : Fri, 15 Mar 2013
Answers:  1 Views:  34
Report Abuse
Share on Facebook
Share on Twitter
Share on Google+
Question is related to
Diseases and Conditions
General & Family Physician 's  Response
Welcome to HCM.
It usually occurs due to hair ingrowing.
You have to take complete course of oral antibiotic like amoxy/clavulinic 625 with nsaid to subside pain,inflammation and infection.
Do regular cleaning and dressing with antiseptic liq and antibiotic cream.
If it is recurrent than you have to go for surgery for permanent cure.
Laser burning of hair of that area is also advisable to prevent recurrence.
Better get examined by surgeon and ask him.
Answered: Fri, 2 Aug 2013
I find this answer helpful
Disclaimer: These answers are for your information only and not intended to replace your relationship with your treating physician.
This is a short, free answer. For a more detailed, immediate answer, try our premium service [Sample answer]


Loading Online Doctors....
© Ebix, Inc. All Rights Reserved.
All the information, content and live chat provided on the site is intended to be for informational purposes only, and not a substitute for professional or medical advice. You should always speak with your doctor before you follow anything that you read on this website. Any health question asked on this site will be visible to the people who browse this site. Hence, the user assumes the responsibility not to divulge any personally identifiable information in the question. Use of this site is subject to our Terms & Conditions
Already Rated.
Your rating:

Ask a Doctor