Get your Health question answered in 3 easy steps
A Doctor will be with you shortly
Ask a Doctor Now
182 Doctors are Online

Had peroneous brevis tear, avulsion fracture. Not treated properly. Pain in calf, shin area. Suggestions?

I have dent in my gastrocnemius muscle which continues to have cramping. If I put pressure on it it releases the pain. I am recovering from a peroneous brevis tear and dislocation. First orthopedic dr didn t treat my injury correctly and had me walking for 8 weeks on the tear and avulsion fracture . I am continuing to have a lot of pain in my calf muscle and shin muscle area. PT doctor said she has never seen anything like this. What should I do ? Should I insist on a MRI of my calf area. My surgery to repair my avulsion fracture tendon repair was sept 10th, but my injury was June 29th 2012.
Asked On : Sun, 9 Dec 2012
Answers:  1 Views:  107
Report Abuse
Share on Facebook
Share on Twitter
Share on Google+
Question is related to
Diseases and Conditions
General Surgeon 's  Response
Hi...first show to some other senior orthopedic... and if he says get an mri done to see the extent of healing and remaining deformity... it will help in better planning and management for further treatment...

Dr. Ashish Verma
Answered: Wed, 1 Jan 2014
I find this answer helpful
Disclaimer: These answers are for your information only and not intended to replace your relationship with your treating physician.
This is a short, free answer. For a more detailed, immediate answer, try our premium service [Sample answer]


Loading Online Doctors....
© Ebix, Inc. All Rights Reserved.
All the information, content and live chat provided on the site is intended to be for informational purposes only, and not a substitute for professional or medical advice. You should always speak with your doctor before you follow anything that you read on this website. Any health question asked on this site will be visible to the people who browse this site. Hence, the user assumes the responsibility not to divulge any personally identifiable information in the question. Use of this site is subject to our Terms & Conditions
Already Rated.
Your rating:

Ask a Doctor