Get your Health question answered in 3 easy steps
A Doctor will be with you shortly
Ask a Doctor Now
128 Doctors are Online

Had partially protected sex, had flu. Negative HIV test. Can I be sure that I do not have HIV?

Hi, I had sex with a girl when I went to Thailand.unfortunately condom broke during the intercourse. Its been 2months n I had a flu like sickness 2 weeks after the incident. Its been 2 months as of now, took a hiv test by elisa n tested negative. Can I be sure that I have not got hiv infection?Now I have a huge boil on my head, is head boils a symptom of hiv?
Asked On : Tue, 25 Sep 2012
Answers:  1 Views:  37
Report Abuse
Share on Facebook
Share on Twitter
Share on Google+
Question is related to
Diseases and Conditions
,   ,  
Lab Tests
Medical Topics
General & Family Physician 's  Response
Sep 2012
Hi, welcome to HCm, I am Dr. Das
First of all, when you found the broken condom, it was necessary to take a pot exposure prophylaxis.
Whatever, for confirmation, you have to do p24 protein asssy which will indicate any transmission. Another which is also required is DNA PCR.
And one more thing is that you have to do anti HIV routine test after 3 and 6 month.
Answered: Tue, 25 Sep 2012
I find this answer helpful
Disclaimer: These answers are for your information only and not intended to replace your relationship with your treating physician.
This is a short, free answer. For a more detailed, immediate answer, try our premium service [Sample answer]


Loading Online Doctors....
© Ebix, Inc. All Rights Reserved.
All the information, content and live chat provided on the site is intended to be for informational purposes only, and not a substitute for professional or medical advice. You should always speak with your doctor before you follow anything that you read on this website. Any health question asked on this site will be visible to the people who browse this site. Hence, the user assumes the responsibility not to divulge any personally identifiable information in the question. Use of this site is subject to our Terms & Conditions
Already Rated.
Your rating:

Ask a Doctor