Get your Health question answered in 3 easy steps
A Doctor will be with you shortly
Ask a Doctor Now
169 Doctors are Online

Had panic attack. Difficulty sleeping, cold forehead, electric shock sensations in ear. How to relax?

I had a panic attack 3 months ago which was the first time it happened to me, I felt very strange and my body and mind felt seperated from each other I was hallucinating and kept pinching myself to check that I was still alive, one minute I was laughing and the next I was crying this attack lasted for approximately 4 days. Since this has happened to me I have been to my GP various times and he has just said that it is stress related and I should try to relax and drink water. Till today I am unsure why this happened to me but I do not feel like the same person, I have become extremely emotional so small issues affect me and cause me to cry. I also find it hard to sleep at night as my forehead becomes extremely cold at night, also throughout the day I get electric shock sensations in my right ear. Please can you tell me ways that can help me relax and get back to normal as it is affecting my university studies as some days I feel too vulnerable to leave the house
Asked On : Thu, 28 Mar 2013
Answers:  1 Views:  41
Report Abuse
Share on Facebook
Share on Twitter
Share on Google+
Question is related to
Diseases and Conditions
Psychiatrist 's  Response
Dec 2014
Welcome to Health Care Magic

Usually panic episode occurs for a brief duration only. The symptoms you have described lasted for about 4 days so most probably those symptoms were of Generalized Anxiety. After that episode you have become more and more emotional, you have crying spells, difficulty in sleeping, electric shock like sensations in body. These symptoms are part of Anxiety and Mild Depressive Episode. I will advise you to please visit your Psychiatrist and take opinion regarding proper medicines. Relaxation will help but as symptoms are bothering you proper evaluation by Psychiatrist is must. Cognitive Behavior Therapy helps a lot in such symptoms.

Dr. Seikhoo Bishnoi, MD
Answered: Thu, 28 Mar 2013
I find this answer helpful

2 Doctors agree with this answer

Disclaimer: These answers are for your information only and not intended to replace your relationship with your treating physician.
This is a short, free answer. For a more detailed, immediate answer, try our premium service [Sample answer]


Loading Online Doctors....
© Ebix, Inc. All Rights Reserved.
All the information, content and live chat provided on the site is intended to be for informational purposes only, and not a substitute for professional or medical advice. You should always speak with your doctor before you follow anything that you read on this website. Any health question asked on this site will be visible to the people who browse this site. Hence, the user assumes the responsibility not to divulge any personally identifiable information in the question. Use of this site is subject to our Terms & Conditions
Already Rated.
Your rating:

Ask a Doctor