Get your Health question answered in 3 easy steps
A Doctor will be with you shortly
Ask a Doctor Now
169 Doctors are Online

Had painful lump on side of tongue which broke leaving a hole. What is this?

I developed a painful lump the size of a small pea on the side of my tongue . After a day or sore it must have broken causing terrible pain. It became extremely painful to eat or drink. Now there is a hole on my tongue but the pain is just as bad. What could this be. I went to the dentist and he told me to rinse with salt water. This has been going in for over a week.
Asked On : Wed, 27 Mar 2013
Answers:  1 Views:  62
Report Abuse
Share on Facebook
Share on Twitter
Share on Google+
Question is related to
Diseases and Conditions
Dermatologist 's  Response
Thanks for the query.
You might be suffering from an oral ulcer.
There are other conditions which present like this but if this is the first time only oral ulcer should be considered.

You can apply triamcinolone oral paste.
This will give you relief

Let me know if you have any other doubt.
you can ask a direct question to me on this forum, following the below link.

Wishing you a good health.
Thank you
Answered: Fri, 28 Jun 2013
I find this answer helpful
Disclaimer: These answers are for your information only and not intended to replace your relationship with your treating physician.
This is a short, free answer. For a more detailed, immediate answer, try our premium service [Sample answer]


Loading Online Doctors....
© Ebix, Inc. All Rights Reserved.
All the information, content and live chat provided on the site is intended to be for informational purposes only, and not a substitute for professional or medical advice. You should always speak with your doctor before you follow anything that you read on this website. Any health question asked on this site will be visible to the people who browse this site. Hence, the user assumes the responsibility not to divulge any personally identifiable information in the question. Use of this site is subject to our Terms & Conditions
Already Rated.
Your rating:

Ask a Doctor