Get your Health question answered in 3 easy steps
A Doctor will be with you shortly
Ask a Doctor Now
179 Doctors are Online

Had oral sex, headache, vomiting, nausea, fatigue, chills, sore throat, swollen lymph glands. Serious?

I have been having some symptoms that I am concerned about. I had oral sex performed on me only and I also drank after some people at a party on July 4th 2012. About two weeks later I felt really weak and fatigue or run down and developed mild headaches then a rash and I had nausea and vomiting just once during this time. About a week later I developed chills with a mild fever and very mild sore throat and swollen lymph glands in the neck region only.This lasted about a week except the swollen lymph glands in my neck. They are still swollen. I also noticed just in front of my tonsils it is red and my tonsils are red but are not swollen or have white patches on them. It has been almost two months since I have had these symptoms. I also felt nausea and vomited again about a month after the other time. The only symptoms I have now are the swollen lymph nodes in my neck that swell on and off during the day and joint pain in my hands and feet only. Could this be mono or something more serious?
Asked On : Wed, 12 Sep 2012
Answers:  1 Views:  513
Report Abuse
Share on Facebook
Share on Twitter
Share on Google+
Question is related to
Diseases and Conditions
Medical Topics
  User's Response

Welcome to HealthcareMagic forum.

From what I understand you received an oral sex from a known/unknown partner on 4th July 2012.

If you were the recipient, then all your upper respiratory symptoms are highly, highly unlikely to be related to oral sex. All the above symptoms mentioned by you are possible in an individual performing/giving oral sex to an infected individual.

You most likely had an infection from other source which is not clearing. Enlarged lymph nodes are the inflammatory response to it. In some cases they can normally persist for long time. So do not worry. If you are still anxious, getting the test for mono (spot test), HIV (antibody + P24 antigen duo test / DNA PCR), strep test and others can be done from a nearest sexual clinic.

Hope this answers your query.

Answered: Thu, 13 Sep 2012
Disclaimer: These answers are for your information only and not intended to replace your relationship with your treating physician.
This is a short, free answer. For a more detailed, immediate answer, try our premium service [Sample answer]


Loading Online Doctors....
© Ebix, Inc. All Rights Reserved.
All the information, content and live chat provided on the site is intended to be for informational purposes only, and not a substitute for professional or medical advice. You should always speak with your doctor before you follow anything that you read on this website. Any health question asked on this site will be visible to the people who browse this site. Hence, the user assumes the responsibility not to divulge any personally identifiable information in the question. Use of this site is subject to our Terms & Conditions
Already Rated.
Your rating:

Ask a Doctor