Get your Health question answered in 3 easy steps
A Doctor will be with you shortly
Ask a Doctor Now
177 Doctors are Online

Had oral sex. Noticed slightly swollen bump on labia minora. Could it be an STD?

So my boyfriend and I have oral sex about once a week. He also like to finger me and from time to time he can get a little rough and it can be painful, but most of the time I don t really say anything. About 2 weeks ago when I was shaving my vagina, it felt like I may have irritated or cut the inside of my labia majora or the outside of the labia minora . The irritation got worse the next couple days, but I just figured I would let it heal on its own. The next day my boyfriend fingered me and he did again this past weekend. I finally made him stop because the pain was beginning to concern me. A few days ago I checked it and noticed a slightly swollen bump on the outside of my labia minora and it looks like there is a small circular cut above my clitoris that has the surface area of pea. I have no idea what either could be and don t think there is anyway it could be an STD based on mine and his sexual histories. Just please if anybody can help I d really appreciate it!
Asked On : Thu, 31 Jan 2013
Answers:  1 Views:  169
Report Abuse
Share on Facebook
Share on Twitter
Share on Google+
Question is related to
Medical Procedures
Medical Topics
Dermatologist 's  Response
Jul 2012
Hi there.

I read your detailed history & note your clinical features.

Relax, from all that you describe, it does appear that either there was a trauma during shaving the region & /or there is an ingrown hair that is the resaon for the 'bump' appearing.

Your boyfriend's close attention to the region will have further aggravated the issue. It is unlikely to be an STD per se. Please do take an antibiotic metronidazole based along with an antiinflammatory eg. ibuprofen both in a 400mg dose three times daily with of course the prescription of your GP & things should sort themselves out in 48 hrs. If in 72 hrs, there is no respite, then please do go visit your gynecologist/dermatologist.

Warm Regds,
Dr Praveen Rodrigues MD
Answered: Thu, 31 Jan 2013
I find this answer helpful
Disclaimer: These answers are for your information only and not intended to replace your relationship with your treating physician.
This is a short, free answer. For a more detailed, immediate answer, try our premium service [Sample answer]


Loading Online Doctors....
© Ebix, Inc. All Rights Reserved.
All the information, content and live chat provided on the site is intended to be for informational purposes only, and not a substitute for professional or medical advice. You should always speak with your doctor before you follow anything that you read on this website. Any health question asked on this site will be visible to the people who browse this site. Hence, the user assumes the responsibility not to divulge any personally identifiable information in the question. Use of this site is subject to our Terms & Conditions
Already Rated.
Your rating:

Ask a Doctor