Get your Health question answered in 3 easy steps
A Doctor will be with you shortly
Ask a Doctor Now
147 Doctors are Online

Had oral sex. Having drip down nose, sneezing, throat hurting, pus spots in tonsils. STD?

Hi. I gave my boyfriend head a couple days ago. I went pretty deep and gagged a few times. Yesterday, I began to feel a drip down my nose and proceeded to sneeze occassionally. Then towards the night I felt my throat hurting. Today, I took a look and I have two pus spots where my tonsils (where they used to be) were. I know my bf slept with one girl, and used a condom previously. He also took a shower that morning. Is this just a strep throat , an std , an sti , or just a cold?
Asked On : Fri, 22 Mar 2013
Answers:  1 Views:  79
Report Abuse
Share on Facebook
Share on Twitter
Share on Google+
Question is related to
Medical Topics
General & Family Physician 's  Response
Hi, Based on the information provided it seems like 90% chance for"Gonococcal Pharyngitis " Which is sexually transmitted disease. But can be 10% changes of "Streptococcus Pharyngitis" ADVICE:CONSULT internal medicine physicianDISCUSS The matter in as above in complete details.Here is mostly the physician will do,
1) physical exam
2) Rapid strep throat test
3) culture from the colonies / pustules seen on back of throat
4) do some blood test to check for any infection reached to blood stream
5) will prescribe the antibiotic for the specific causative agent.IMPORTANT NOTE:1) If found to have an POSITIVE FOR GHONORROEA please ask your boyfriend to get himself checked and treated for the same as this can go back and fourth If only one partner is treated at a time, cure needs both partners to be treated at same time and please take precaution not to have it again.2) Please get both of your self tested for HIV as well, just to be on safe side (doesn't mean you have it).Hope it helps
Answered: Fri, 22 Mar 2013
I find this answer helpful
Disclaimer: These answers are for your information only and not intended to replace your relationship with your treating physician.
This is a short, free answer. For a more detailed, immediate answer, try our premium service [Sample answer]


Loading Online Doctors....
© Ebix, Inc. All Rights Reserved.
All the information, content and live chat provided on the site is intended to be for informational purposes only, and not a substitute for professional or medical advice. You should always speak with your doctor before you follow anything that you read on this website. Any health question asked on this site will be visible to the people who browse this site. Hence, the user assumes the responsibility not to divulge any personally identifiable information in the question. Use of this site is subject to our Terms & Conditions
Already Rated.
Your rating:

Ask a Doctor