Get your Health question answered in 3 easy steps
A Doctor will be with you shortly
Ask a Doctor Now
198 Doctors are Online

Had nutella stuck in tooth. Gargling not helping. What will?d

hi, im helping my sister. basically she was eating nutella and a piece of the foil that seals the jar was in what she was eating this is what shes told me; that s stuck at the back of my mouth.. its kinda stabbed my tongue and i got most of it but i can still feel a bit like Right at the back of my mouth...on/in my tongue... shes tried to remove it by eating toast and gargling ut nothings worked and its too far back to remove with a tooth brush or tweezers.
Asked On : Fri, 15 Mar 2013
Answers:  6 Views:  48
Report Abuse
Share on Facebook
Share on Twitter
Share on Google+
Question is related to
Diseases and Conditions
Medical Topics
Dentist 's  Response
Hi samantha,

Thanks for writing in.

Usually the foil type paper gets soluble when comes in contact with saliva.
If it is really giving too much of stress and difficulty,

Blow your mouth to dry and scrap with a dry cotton holding with a tweezer.
Drink plenty of water.
If it is too far back,please do consult a dentist.
Get a dental check-up too.
take care.
Answered: Wed, 20 Mar 2013
I find this answer helpful
Dentist Dr. Farah Hussain's  Response
hello ,

Any foreign substance or debris strucked in the gum may lead to inflammation of the gum tissue ,redness , pain and discomfort if left at place.

foil is a hard sharp substance and it may injure the gum tissue leading to pain and discomfort.

i would suggest you to use a dental floss to clean in between the teeth which may help in removing the foil. flossing technique removes the debris in between the teeth by pulling action.

if this does not help you need to consult a dentist and get a professional cleaning of gums done which helps in removing the debris.

i hope this helps ,

take care.
Answered: Thu, 21 Mar 2013
I find this answer helpful

1 Doctor agrees with this answer

Dentist Dr. Qazi Ammara's  Response

Thanks for asking the query,

Usually the piece of foil can come out after sometimes due to the flow of saliva interdentally,

If not you can gargle your mouth with water , or use any sterile tooth pick or dental floss if it comes out easily.

If not dont panic and visit to the Dentist , with the help of dental instruments like probe or twezeer it will easily come out.

Hope this helps out.

Answered: Thu, 21 Mar 2013
I find this answer helpful

2 Doctors agree with this answer

Dentist Dr. Neha Gupta's  Response
I am Dr.Neha Gupta (dentist) and am glad to address to your query here.

Food impaction in between the teeth or lodgement of any irritants in the gum pocket leads to gingival inflammation.

In you case i suspect physical trauma to the gums by the impacted food can lead to formation of the gingival abscess.

course of antibiotic will help reducing the symptoms.

so i suggest you to consult a dentist .

use antiseptic mouthwash like chlorhexidine for mouth gargling along with the course of medication .

Take care and please keep me informed of your progress at healthcaremagic through my profile directly.
Answered: Tue, 26 Mar 2013
I find this answer helpful

1 Doctor agrees with this answer

Dentist Dr. Anshumala Singh's  Response
Dear friend.

Thanks for sharing your concern.

The teeth in our mouth have tight inter dental areas,these are called embrasures.

sometimes certain food stuff and piece of fruits or nuts gets entrapped there.

It is difficult to approach there with simple brush,due to limitation of its design.

Therefore, please visit your dentist and get it removed with mechanical probe and also do warm antiseptic mouth rinsing after that.

Hope it helps.


Take care.
Answered: Thu, 11 Jul 2013
I find this answer helpful

 1 user finds this helpful

Dentist Dr. Mallayya Pujari's  Response
Hi Samantha,

Well, I think you must visit your nearest dentist. Only he / she can remove it. Kindly do no experiment with unsterilized instruments.

Many kind regards
Answered: Wed, 20 Mar 2013
I find this answer helpful

1 Doctor agrees with this answer

Disclaimer: These answers are for your information only and not intended to replace your relationship with your treating physician.
This is a short, free answer. For a more detailed, immediate answer, try our premium service [Sample answer]


Loading Online Doctors....
© Ebix, Inc. All Rights Reserved.
All the information, content and live chat provided on the site is intended to be for informational purposes only, and not a substitute for professional or medical advice. You should always speak with your doctor before you follow anything that you read on this website. Any health question asked on this site will be visible to the people who browse this site. Hence, the user assumes the responsibility not to divulge any personally identifiable information in the question. Use of this site is subject to our Terms & Conditions
Already Rated.
Your rating:

Ask a Doctor