Get your Health question answered in 3 easy steps
A Doctor will be with you shortly
Ask a Doctor Now
133 Doctors are Online

Had nasal surgery and bp was high. Have an enlarged heart, but never met any cardiologist. Is something wrong?

I just had nasal surgery. In recovery my bp was 217 over 175to pulse was 111. They ended up giving me six injections to lower my bp to 143 over 92. I have a drs appt set up to follow up with the bp. Just wondering if there is something seriously wrong. I was told approx 10 yrs aho i have an enlarged heart but was never advised to check with a cardioligist.
Asked On : Mon, 8 Apr 2013
Answers:  1 Views:  10
Report Abuse
Share on Facebook
Share on Twitter
Share on Google+
Question is related to
Diseases and Conditions
Cardiologist 's  Response
Hi friend,
Welcome to Health Care Magic

This level of pressure is high and needs urgent attention.
Blood pressure is silent and dangerous disease - leading to damage in the end - heart, kidney, eyes and brain.
Enlarged heart could be the consequence
See a doctor as soon as possible / you need investigation, treatment and follow up.

Take care
Wishing speedy recovery
God bless
Good luck
Answered: Tue, 9 Apr 2013
I find this answer helpful
Disclaimer: These answers are for your information only and not intended to replace your relationship with your treating physician.
This is a short, free answer. For a more detailed, immediate answer, try our premium service [Sample answer]


Loading Online Doctors....
© Ebix, Inc. All Rights Reserved.
All the information, content and live chat provided on the site is intended to be for informational purposes only, and not a substitute for professional or medical advice. You should always speak with your doctor before you follow anything that you read on this website. Any health question asked on this site will be visible to the people who browse this site. Hence, the user assumes the responsibility not to divulge any personally identifiable information in the question. Use of this site is subject to our Terms & Conditions
Already Rated.
Your rating:

Ask a Doctor