Get your Health question answered in 3 easy steps
A Doctor will be with you shortly
Ask a Doctor Now
168 Doctors are Online

Had my head banged while climbing. From then on no sleep. Having high BP and heart palipatation. Suggest

Yes, I hit my head (on the top) very hard while climbing some small steps 3 years ago. Since I then my sleep pattern has been disrupted. Before that I had no sleep problems. 3 years on I look much older, started high blood pressure med and had recent heart palipatation. Been trying to lower my stressors but sleep is about 4 to 5 hours. Been trying to eat better also, on a protein low car diet with little sugar in case of (adrenaline fatigue).
I feel my root cause of all my problems is lack of blessed sleep. What should I do? Can my head be fixed after all this time? I really don't like drugs, but at this point should I consider? Thank you Eugene
Asked On : Fri, 29 Mar 2013
Answers:  1 Views:  27
Report Abuse
Share on Facebook
Share on Twitter
Share on Google+
Question is related to
Diseases and Conditions
Psychiatrist 's  Response
Thanks for choosing health care magic for posting your query.
Your head injury might not have much to do with any of your current symptoms. Still getting an MRI done will be useful.
Regarding your sleep you should get evaluated from a good psychiatrist whether you are having any depressive episode or anxiety disorder. If not, the medications can be used during the initial period.Zolpidem and lorazepam are good drugs. Along with the medications you should follow all the steps of good sleep hygiene. Go to sleep at night at fixed time and also wake up at the fixed time. Start some physical exercise during the day time. Avoid aerated drink or coffee after 12 noon. have a warm water bath before going to sleep. Also use you sleeping space exclusively for resting and not for any other purposes.
Following all the procedures will surely get you good sleep.
Also consider getting yourself enrolled for some CBT sessions with your psychiatrist to reduce your stressors.
Hope I am able to answer your concerns.
If you have any further query, I would be glad to help you.
In future if you wish to contact me directly, you can use the below mentioned link:

Wish you good health,
Dr. Srikanth Reddy M.D.
Answered: Sat, 30 Mar 2013
I find this answer helpful
Disclaimer: These answers are for your information only and not intended to replace your relationship with your treating physician.
This is a short, free answer. For a more detailed, immediate answer, try our premium service [Sample answer]


Loading Online Doctors....
© Ebix, Inc. All Rights Reserved.
All the information, content and live chat provided on the site is intended to be for informational purposes only, and not a substitute for professional or medical advice. You should always speak with your doctor before you follow anything that you read on this website. Any health question asked on this site will be visible to the people who browse this site. Hence, the user assumes the responsibility not to divulge any personally identifiable information in the question. Use of this site is subject to our Terms & Conditions
Already Rated.
Your rating:

Ask a Doctor