Get your Health question answered in 3 easy steps
A Doctor will be with you shortly
Ask a Doctor Now
183 Doctors are Online

Had miscarriage, scan showed up 5 large mature follicles on left ovary alone. What does it mean?

Hello, I had my second miscarriage just 3 weeks ago (i fell right after my first miscarriage on 11th of january, so was somewhere between 4-6 weeks along the second time) and today I had a scan and it showed up 5 large mature follicles on my left ovary alone. I m just wondering what such large follicles could mean so soon after an early miscarriage? Thanks Kira
Asked On : Mon, 18 Mar 2013
Answers:  1 Views:  62
Report Abuse
Share on Facebook
Share on Twitter
Share on Google+
Question is related to
Diseases and Conditions
Lab Tests
Medical Topics
General & Family Physician 's  Response
you have 5 mature/large follicles in left ovary..
the possibility is have you taken any drugs for ovulation induction, or it could be a manifestation of PCOD..
see your gynaecologist for the confirmation, you need to undergo hormonal tests and ultrasound for making the diagnosis and treatment.
all the very best..
Answered: Mon, 29 Jul 2013
I find this answer helpful
Disclaimer: These answers are for your information only and not intended to replace your relationship with your treating physician.
This is a short, free answer. For a more detailed, immediate answer, try our premium service [Sample answer]


Loading Online Doctors....
© Ebix, Inc. All Rights Reserved.
All the information, content and live chat provided on the site is intended to be for informational purposes only, and not a substitute for professional or medical advice. You should always speak with your doctor before you follow anything that you read on this website. Any health question asked on this site will be visible to the people who browse this site. Hence, the user assumes the responsibility not to divulge any personally identifiable information in the question. Use of this site is subject to our Terms & Conditions
Already Rated.
Your rating:

Ask a Doctor