Get your Health question answered in 3 easy steps
A Doctor will be with you shortly
Ask a Doctor Now
168 Doctors are Online

Had miscarriage, nausea, period twice a month. Can I still get pregnant?

I talked to a doctor and my doc said I had a miscarage because Ihad my period a week later I started spotting and then I had a burning feeling at the end of the week and a good size meaty clot came out and then my period stopped that day the next day my period started for a full week and ever since then I ve had a period twice a montgh and when I got pregnant with my first I had a miscarrage a week prior and then the next week I found out I was two months along what does this mean I know twins run in my family I m getting nausiated anfd I don t know if u can have a period twice a month and be pregnant
Asked On : Tue, 4 Dec 2012
Answers:  1 Views:  33
Report Abuse
Share on Facebook
Share on Twitter
Share on Google+
Question is related to
Diseases and Conditions
Medical Procedures
OBGYN 's  Response
I would like to say ask if the pregnancy was confirmed by-
1. A doctor's examination of the clot you passed, preferably by histopathological examination.
2. A blood pregnancy test. OR
3. An ultrasound that clearly showed a pregnancy in the uterus.
If any of the above was positive, then yes, you did have a miscarriage and it is best to go back to the doctor to see why you are still bleeding. The cause can only be ascertained by a clinical examination and blood tests and an ultrasound scan.
However, if none of the above was done, the possibility of pregnancy in the first place itself is questionable and you may just be having irregular periods.
In any case, go and see your doctor and hopefully you will find an answer.
The possibility of twins and miscarriage of one twin can is there, but till you see your doctor and have a scan, these are all merely speculations.
Best wishes.
Answered: Fri, 7 Dec 2012
I find this answer helpful
Disclaimer: These answers are for your information only and not intended to replace your relationship with your treating physician.
This is a short, free answer. For a more detailed, immediate answer, try our premium service [Sample answer]


Loading Online Doctors....
© Ebix, Inc. All Rights Reserved.
All the information, content and live chat provided on the site is intended to be for informational purposes only, and not a substitute for professional or medical advice. You should always speak with your doctor before you follow anything that you read on this website. Any health question asked on this site will be visible to the people who browse this site. Hence, the user assumes the responsibility not to divulge any personally identifiable information in the question. Use of this site is subject to our Terms & Conditions
Already Rated.
Your rating:

Ask a Doctor