Get your Health question answered in 3 easy steps
A Doctor will be with you shortly
Ask a Doctor Now
190 Doctors are Online

Had miscarriage due to septicemia. Trying to conceive. Can I take folic acid?

Hi doctor, my age is 29 now. 9 months before i had cesarean but unfortunately with in 20 days baby was died that causes of high fever and infection in the blood septicemia like that. when i was carrying that 8th month scan shows the child brain = slightly small head but the organism is well. in 2009 i got one missed abortion also in my 3rd i want to try conceive after 4 months. so can i take folic acid now also. how much mg should i take.and please give the sugesstion to get health baby. one year break is enough for next baby . thank you.
Asked On : Mon, 12 Nov 2012
Answers:  1 Views:  95
Report Abuse
Share on Facebook
Share on Twitter
Share on Google+
Question is related to
Diseases and Conditions
OBGYN 's  Response
May 2013
Thanks for the query.

Better to take folic acid from one month before the pregnancy.
Usually 400 to 800 micrograms of folic acid is needed during pregnancy.
But as you had previous history of microcephaly (possibly), you have to take 4000 micrograms of folic acid per day.
This high dose can prevent birth defects in the baby.
Ideally two years break should be there as you had cesarean section but with proper followup one year gap is enough.
Take care.

Answered: Wed, 14 Nov 2012
I find this answer helpful
Disclaimer: These answers are for your information only and not intended to replace your relationship with your treating physician.
This is a short, free answer. For a more detailed, immediate answer, try our premium service [Sample answer]


Loading Online Doctors....
© Ebix, Inc. All Rights Reserved.
All the information, content and live chat provided on the site is intended to be for informational purposes only, and not a substitute for professional or medical advice. You should always speak with your doctor before you follow anything that you read on this website. Any health question asked on this site will be visible to the people who browse this site. Hence, the user assumes the responsibility not to divulge any personally identifiable information in the question. Use of this site is subject to our Terms & Conditions
Already Rated.
Your rating:

Ask a Doctor