Get your Health question answered in 3 easy steps
A Doctor will be with you shortly
Ask a Doctor Now
171 Doctors are Online

Had miscarriage. Which is better option stitches or progesterone injection?

Hi, i have 2 miscarriages before one at 6 month (i have typhoid at that time due to those medicines i had miscarriage) and another one at 7 month(water breakage) , for further doctor consult me stitches on cervix and one doctor consult me for progesterone injection after 4 month , which one is better option stitches or progesterone injection ??? I want to go for progesterone injection . Please suggest me
Sat, 16 Jun 2012
Report Abuse
Share on Facebook
Share on Twitter
Share on Google+
Question is related to
Diseases and Conditions
Medical Procedures
Medical Topics
OBGYN 's  Response
Thanks for writing to us.
Cervical stitches are requirted in case of cervical incompetence. The progesterone injections will only help in maintaining the pregnancy till 14 weeks. You need to consult a gynecologist for proper investigations to rule out any cervical incompetence.
I hope this information has been both informative and helpful for you.
Dr. Rakhi Tayal
I find this answer helpful
Disclaimer: These answers are for your information only and not intended to replace your relationship with your treating physician.
This is a short, free answer. For a more detailed, immediate answer, try our premium service [Sample answer]


Loading Online Doctors....
© Ebix, Inc. All Rights Reserved.
All the information, content and live chat provided on the site is intended to be for informational purposes only, and not a substitute for professional or medical advice. You should always speak with your doctor before you follow anything that you read on this website. Any health question asked on this site will be visible to the people who browse this site. Hence, the user assumes the responsibility not to divulge any personally identifiable information in the question. Use of this site is subject to our Terms & Conditions
Already Rated.
Your rating:

Ask a Doctor