Get your Health question answered in 3 easy steps
A Doctor will be with you shortly
Ask a Doctor Now
167 Doctors are Online

Had miscarriage. Found left over tissue and blood clots in the ultrasound. Cleaning? Infection? What to do?

hello i recently had a miscarriage on sunday and the doctor just said there will be blood clots and cramping that the baby just passed through and there was some left over tissue and blood clots in the ultrasound. i have heard from people after a miscarriage i should have a cleaning so i dont get a infection in the cervix. what do i do? or do i need it?
Asked On : Tue, 23 Apr 2013
Answers:  1 Views:  61
Report Abuse
Share on Facebook
Share on Twitter
Share on Google+
Question is related to
Diseases and Conditions
Medical Procedures
Medical Topics
General & Family Physician 's  Response
After a miscarriage, if there is any retained products in the uterus it is best to get a dilatation and evacuation (to clean out the uterine cavity) done to prevent complications like increased bleeding and/or infection of the genital tract. So it is best to consult a gynecologist regarding the matter and do as advised.
Take care
Answered: Wed, 24 Apr 2013
I find this answer helpful
Disclaimer: These answers are for your information only and not intended to replace your relationship with your treating physician.
This is a short, free answer. For a more detailed, immediate answer, try our premium service [Sample answer]


Loading Online Doctors....
© Ebix, Inc. All Rights Reserved.
All the information, content and live chat provided on the site is intended to be for informational purposes only, and not a substitute for professional or medical advice. You should always speak with your doctor before you follow anything that you read on this website. Any health question asked on this site will be visible to the people who browse this site. Hence, the user assumes the responsibility not to divulge any personally identifiable information in the question. Use of this site is subject to our Terms & Conditions
Already Rated.
Your rating:

Ask a Doctor