Get your Health question answered in 3 easy steps
A Doctor will be with you shortly
Ask a Doctor Now
187 Doctors are Online

Had left oophorectomy. Had two ectopic pregnancies. Reports reveal slight dilation of right tube. Can I become pregnant?

HI --

Normal 41 yr old F; healthy. Had left oophorectomy 6.5 years ago due to torsion while pregnant. Daughter is now 6. Had ectopic pregnancy, rt. tube 4 years ago. HSG 2 years ago showed patent tubes. Had ectopic pregnancy 2 years ago. HSG today showed patent tubes with free flowing dye spillage. Radiologist said test looked "normal" although there was a "very slight" dilation of the right tube. He said he still considered it in the realm of normal test results. Does this mean I can become pregnant still?
Asked On : Sat, 20 Apr 2013
Answers:  1 Views:  18
Report Abuse
Share on Facebook
Share on Twitter
Share on Google+
OBGYN 's  Response
Hello, I would be happy to help you with your question.

From what you are saying, you likely lost the left tube, and had TWO ectopic pregnancies in the right tube. While it is possible that you can still get pregnant with the right tube open, your chance of an ectopic pregnancy again is remarkably increased. This would be a good situation to schedule a visit with an infertility specialist to discuss these issues and other options, especially if you are having trouble getting pregnant AND related to your age of 41 years old.

I hope that this helps. If you have more questions, please click on "ASK ME A QUESTION" link above to directly ask me a question!
Answered: Wed, 24 Apr 2013
I find this answer helpful
Disclaimer: These answers are for your information only and not intended to replace your relationship with your treating physician.
This is a short, free answer. For a more detailed, immediate answer, try our premium service [Sample answer]


Loading Online Doctors....
© Ebix, Inc. All Rights Reserved.
All the information, content and live chat provided on the site is intended to be for informational purposes only, and not a substitute for professional or medical advice. You should always speak with your doctor before you follow anything that you read on this website. Any health question asked on this site will be visible to the people who browse this site. Hence, the user assumes the responsibility not to divulge any personally identifiable information in the question. Use of this site is subject to our Terms & Conditions
Already Rated.
Your rating:

Ask a Doctor