Had late periods. can i be pregnant?

hello dr my age is 22. i am not getting my periods this month.. its late by 6 days( supposedly start by 21 apr) i wanted to know the reason behind this. this month was very stressing becuase by work problem and family pressure as well change in work shift. i had an intercourse with my guy in the first week of this month.. can i be pregnant but i dont feel any symtoms of being pregnant except late periods or no periods. after my date passed i daily feel that my periods goin to start but its nothing. plz help me regarding the same
Thu, 28 Apr 2011
's  Response

I'm not a Doctor, but as U suggested stress and work load affects period. I know that u must getting nervous and bad headaches!
So in order to help u, I'm going to suggest a few things and hope they work, only if U want to get Ur period.

1. avoid cold things, yogurt, cold milk, citrus juices.
2. eat dark chocolate and exercise a little
3. drink warm milk with a little honey

avoiding number 1 will even decrease cramps
If ur pregnant, the signs won't be visible until the 3rd month or so on...

Hope this helps :)

Goodluck
faith's  Response
Vitamin C does not induce ur period. Hormonal changes are affecting U. things with heat such as mango dark chocolate and warm milk will help ease the period to come. :)

General & Family Physician Dr. Sheetal's  Response

It is possible that your periods are late due to the stress that you have been experiencing.

However, since you have had intercourse around the time of ovulation, the possibility of pregnancy needs to be considered. It is advisable to get a home urine pregnancy test done.
General & Family Physician Dr. Misbha khan's  Response
Hi
Your periods can be late because of the stress at your workplace. If you periods have always been regular than it is better that you get a UPT done even if you are not experiencing any symptoms. If it turns out to be negative you can wait for few days before seeking any further medical advice.