Get your Health question answered in 3 easy steps
A Doctor will be with you shortly
Ask a Doctor Now
162 Doctors are Online

Had laparotomy for an ovarian cyst. Enlarged ovary with cyst formation. What can be done now?

I had a laprotomy for ovarian cyst on on my right ovary last year in June 2012. However this year in March i had a full abdomen ultrasound and a pelvic ultrasound along with a CA-125 blood test done.

The results were that again on my right ovary i have a cyst measuring and the CA-125 is 19. However the report even said my right ovary is enlarged

My gynac told me to go for a diagaonistic laproscopy which i am not very ready. Is there no other way to cure the cysts?
Asked On : Sun, 7 Apr 2013
Answers:  2 Views:  17
Report Abuse
Share on Facebook
Share on Twitter
Share on Google+
Question is related to
Diseases and Conditions
Lab Tests
Medical Topics
General & Family Physician 's  Response

CA-125 is used to assay for ovarian cancer. The good news is that you dont have ovarian cancer because the expected level for ovarian cancer ahould be more than 35. So that part is clear. What you need to figure out now is what the cause is. IT seems like you have a benign condition of the ovary. What you can do instead of this is to get an FNAC done. This is where a needle is injected into your belly and cells drawn out to see what it is. Once you know what it is, they will know how to treat it. good luck.

Dr Vineet
Answered: Sat, 6 Jul 2013
I find this answer helpful

3 Doctors agree with this answer

General & Family Physician Dr. Het Ram Bishnoi 's  Response
Sep 2013
Thanks for the query to H.C.M. Forum.
Poly Cystic Ovarian Disorder ( PCOD) is a most common disorder in young females.
One cyst was removed one year back .
Now again , so few things , you should know about this disease.
There is increase in level of testosterone and androgen level in blood.
Alteration in F S H / L H levels,
Decrease level of estrogen .
Conservative treatment is available so get in ultrasound of whole abdomen.
After report consult one more Gynaecologist and get his opinion( 2nd ) and there after take treatment accordingly.
Hope I have answered your question.
If further any question I will help.
Good luck.
Answered: Sat, 6 Jul 2013
I find this answer helpful

3 Doctors agree with this answer

Disclaimer: These answers are for your information only and not intended to replace your relationship with your treating physician.
This is a short, free answer. For a more detailed, immediate answer, try our premium service [Sample answer]


Loading Online Doctors....
© Ebix, Inc. All Rights Reserved.
All the information, content and live chat provided on the site is intended to be for informational purposes only, and not a substitute for professional or medical advice. You should always speak with your doctor before you follow anything that you read on this website. Any health question asked on this site will be visible to the people who browse this site. Hence, the user assumes the responsibility not to divulge any personally identifiable information in the question. Use of this site is subject to our Terms & Conditions
Already Rated.
Your rating:

Ask a Doctor