Get your Health question answered in 3 easy steps
A Doctor will be with you shortly
Ask a Doctor Now
146 Doctors are Online

Had jaw revisional surgery. Got swollen gland. Any infection?

hi i just had a jaw revisional surgery last tuesday. Had an overgrowth of bone removed from a mandibular setback. everything seemed fine until this morning I woke up with a swollen gland on my left side (where your jaw meets your cheek) I went to my OS today for a follow up and he didn t think it was an infection or seemed concerned. should i worry? I do not feel sick but i have never experienced a swollen gland before.
Asked On : Fri, 15 Feb 2013
Answers:  1 Views:  11
Report Abuse
Share on Facebook
Share on Twitter
Share on Google+
Dentist 's  Response

Thanks for writing to us.

Swollen gland after jaw rev is ional surgery may be due to-inflammation or dislocation of jaws.

Take antibiotics as well as analgesics.

A thorough clinical as well as x-ray evaluation is necessary to rule out the underlying cause.

If necessary,surgery has to be repeated.

Maintain oral hygiene well.

Avoid mouth opening too widely as well as stressful loads on jaws.

Take care.
Answered: Thu, 7 Nov 2013
I find this answer helpful
Disclaimer: These answers are for your information only and not intended to replace your relationship with your treating physician.
This is a short, free answer. For a more detailed, immediate answer, try our premium service [Sample answer]


Loading Online Doctors....
© Ebix, Inc. All Rights Reserved.
All the information, content and live chat provided on the site is intended to be for informational purposes only, and not a substitute for professional or medical advice. You should always speak with your doctor before you follow anything that you read on this website. Any health question asked on this site will be visible to the people who browse this site. Hence, the user assumes the responsibility not to divulge any personally identifiable information in the question. Use of this site is subject to our Terms & Conditions
Already Rated.
Your rating:

Ask a Doctor