Get your Health question answered in 3 easy steps
A Doctor will be with you shortly
Ask a Doctor Now
188 Doctors are Online

Had jaundice, cured. Blood test normal. Can i consume alcohol again?

Hi sir, Date : 20th feb 2013 I had jaundice second time june 2012 , and my billirubine is come to bellow 1.0 after 3months, during my first blood test my billirubineis 3.5 & SGOT is more than 1000, before that I had jaundice on june 2010(first time). Now I feel good and my blood test also normal. I am a occasionally dirnker, last six month I quite alchol fully. I can drink again? If I can drink after how many months I can consume alchol? Regards, Ram
Asked On : Sat, 23 Feb 2013
Answers:  1 Views:  120
Report Abuse
Share on Facebook
Share on Twitter
Share on Google+
Question is related to
Diseases and Conditions
Lab Tests
Medical Topics
Psychiatrist 's  Response
Thanks for using healthcare magic.

I have gone through your available history.

The reason for developing jaundice is crucial in your case. The type of jaundice also play a role.

Alcohol is much harmful to liver so it is advisable not to take alcohol forever.

You may consult your physician for the same.
Answered: Tue, 11 Jun 2013
I find this answer helpful
Disclaimer: These answers are for your information only and not intended to replace your relationship with your treating physician.
This is a short, free answer. For a more detailed, immediate answer, try our premium service [Sample answer]


Loading Online Doctors....
© Ebix, Inc. All Rights Reserved.
All the information, content and live chat provided on the site is intended to be for informational purposes only, and not a substitute for professional or medical advice. You should always speak with your doctor before you follow anything that you read on this website. Any health question asked on this site will be visible to the people who browse this site. Hence, the user assumes the responsibility not to divulge any personally identifiable information in the question. Use of this site is subject to our Terms & Conditions
Already Rated.
Your rating:

Ask a Doctor