Get your health question answered instantly from our pool of 18000+ doctors from over 80 specialties
174 Doctors Online

By proceeding, I accept the Terms and Conditions

Dr. Andrew Rynne
Dr. Andrew Rynne

Family Physician

Exp 50 years

HCM Blog Instant Access to Doctors
HCM BlogQuestions Answered
HCM Blog Satisfaction

Had jaundice. Prescribed Ursokem. High SGPT and SGOT level

HI Sir my age is 27 height 5.2ft approx weight 85-90kg approx am attacked by jaundice in 2012 April i took 2 doses of herbal medicine from local expert and i also took Himalaya 52 tablets for 1 month. later i took my regular diet but my urine still in yellow color if i drink water fully urine will normal for that time, recently again in 2012 November again i found symptoms of jaundice i went to consult doctor he told my jaundice does not healed and went for blood check up and i found s.Rubin at 2.4 and sgpt 75 as on 7/12/12 and doctor suggested ursokem 300mg for 15 days twice daily after taking that medicine as on 26/12/12 my s.Rubin at 1.6 and sgpt 41 again i took same medicine for 10 days and stopped it and again tam normal oil food and non-veg items again i went to same blood test as on 26/1/13 my s. bilirubin at 1.2 and my sgpt level at 105 my urine still in light yellow color if take plenty of then urine will be in normal.
Mon, 4 Feb 2013
Report Abuse
Question is related to
Diseases and Conditions ,   ,   ,   ,  
Medical Topics ,   ,  
General & Family Physician 's  Response
jaundice can be due to an obstructive or hemolytic. Specific biological/blood exams and morphologoc exams (ultrasound) with the aid of a good clinical Acute onset jaundice and chronic, repeated episode and a one time episode are evaluated differently. Associated symptoms like fever, weight loss, past history of alcohol abuse and some drugs and toxins are important risk factors in the evaluation. It is always important to carry out blood tests for Viral hepatitis viruses B and C which are important causes of jaundice. Liver enzymes are however important for monitoring and giving an orientation to cause. You shall also need an ultrasound and other blood tests.
The ideal situation would be for you to consult a gastroenterologist to help in making a definitive diagnoses, to orient specific treatments. Avoiding of toxins to the liver while waiting like not taking drugs without due prescription from a physician (paracetamol), reduce of stopping alcohol intake and avoiding traditional concoctions with unidentified constituents).
I suggest you meet a gasroenterologist/internist.
Hope this be of help,
Luchuo, MD.

I find this answer helpful

3 Doctors agree with this answer

Disclaimer: These answers are for your information only and not intended to replace your relationship with your treating physician.
This is a short, free answer. For a more detailed, immediate answer, try our premium service [Sample answer]
Share on

Related questions you may be interested in

doctor1 MD

Hi, 9 days back, I underwent LFT test and came to know my Bilirubin, SGOT and SGPT levels were quiet high which indicated Jaundice. Since then I am...

Recent questions on  Jaundice

doctor1 MD

i ve been recovered from jaundice...its been a month and half...i was 68 kg & i ws regular at gym bt since jaundice there has been a gap of 2...

doctor1 MD

Hello Doctor, I am a 53 y.o. female, 5 4 , 190 lbs. Recent CBC came back with these results: Bilirubin total :1.5 (ref. int. was 0.0-1.2) and...

doctor1 MD

2 months old baby with jaundice , Totl Billurubin was 6.4 mg/dl , now 3.8 , conjugated billurubin was 1.5 mg/dl and now 1.8 mg /dl , unconjugated...

doctor1 MD

Hi doctor, I have trouble that, I am suffering from Jaundice, before 12 days when i got to measure my liver function tests, they were sgpt:4000,...

doctor1 MD

I am currently 25 and fighting alcoholism! today it the first day I didn't drink in a while but, i was always drinking hard liquor most days...

doctor1 MD

Hi Doctor, To give background. if you remember you where asked serious of questions related to child not urinating and mother milk not coming 1...

doctor1 MD

I would like to know what are the most common symptoms of pancreatic cancer-the ones that are the most common