Get your Health question answered in 3 easy steps
A Doctor will be with you shortly
Ask a Doctor Now
180 Doctors are Online

Had intestinal issues, have constant diarrhea. Celiacs disease? Take cuturelle?

My husband has had stomach/ intestinal issues most of his life and it is reaching a point where it is inhibiting his quality of life. He has constant diarrhea , no blood or other visual issues spotted, he feels like vomiting a lot of the time and there is no quelling the pain or discomfort. Symptoms don t present themselves with one type of food over another they are random and can flare up at any time which makes me believe its not something like celiacs disease since grain doesn t effect it negatively but I m not a doctor. Discomfort tends to always be present just a dull pain and other days it can be severe where he wont be able to leave the house. He has been taking culturelle which seems to be helping but it seems to becoming less and less effective. Any suggestions?
Asked On : Wed, 26 Dec 2012
Answers:  1 Views:  28
Report Abuse
Share on Facebook
Share on Twitter
Share on Google+
Question is related to
Lab Tests
Medical Topics
General & Family Physician 's  Response
thank you. you not mention the characters of stool.there are some possibilities like irritable bowel syndrome,malabsorption syndrome or chronic evaluate the chronic diarrhoea with vague abdominal pain, thorough check up is could not ignore coeliac disease.some inv. as upper GIT endoscopy with duodenal biopsy,s.TTG and antiendomyseal antibody(coeliac disease),stool exam(fat malabsorption),plain abd.x-ray,usg and other imaging of abd.(ch.pancreatitis) is you should contact with a gastroenterologist.
Answered: Thu, 27 Dec 2012
I find this answer helpful
Disclaimer: These answers are for your information only and not intended to replace your relationship with your treating physician.
This is a short, free answer. For a more detailed, immediate answer, try our premium service [Sample answer]


Loading Online Doctors....
© Ebix, Inc. All Rights Reserved.
All the information, content and live chat provided on the site is intended to be for informational purposes only, and not a substitute for professional or medical advice. You should always speak with your doctor before you follow anything that you read on this website. Any health question asked on this site will be visible to the people who browse this site. Hence, the user assumes the responsibility not to divulge any personally identifiable information in the question. Use of this site is subject to our Terms & Conditions
Already Rated.
Your rating:

Ask a Doctor