Get your Health question answered in 3 easy steps
A Doctor will be with you shortly
Ask a Doctor Now
144 Doctors are Online

Had implantation, with small area of Adenomyosis. U/S showed one follicle matured. Is this enough to conceive?

hi i have a small area of adenomyosis , told not affecting me and factor 5 leiden-heterozygous..told shouldnt affect implantation .. amh v.low and fsH was 12.3 last year..told last month from scan only one follicle that was 13 mm is this mature enough to conceive and for implantation? anything i can do to improve quality?
Asked On : Fri, 22 Feb 2013
Answers:  1 Views:  14
Report Abuse
Share on Facebook
Share on Twitter
Share on Google+
Question is related to
Diseases and Conditions
Medical Topics
OBGYN 's  Response
Mar 2013
Thank you for your query.
For me to comment on your scan, you need to tell me what day it was done.
13 mm follicle, on day 14, in a stimulated cycle, is certainly not enough for conception and implantation.
Your AMH is very low, and FSH is quite high, which indicates a diminished ovarian reserve.
This means that you have low capacity to produce mature eggs, and egg quality is also low.
There is no known treatment for this condition.
You have to take help of ART ( assisted reproductive technologies ) and ovulation induction agents to produce more eggs.
Also, you can take DHEA supplements as they sometimes help in boosting ovarian reserve.
A last option would be considering egg donation.
Consult a reliable Fertility expert at the earliest, as further ageing and time would only worsen your ovarian reserve.
take care/
Answered: Sat, 23 Feb 2013
I find this answer helpful

2 Doctors agree with this answer

Disclaimer: These answers are for your information only and not intended to replace your relationship with your treating physician.
This is a short, free answer. For a more detailed, immediate answer, try our premium service [Sample answer]


Loading Online Doctors....
© Ebix, Inc. All Rights Reserved.
All the information, content and live chat provided on the site is intended to be for informational purposes only, and not a substitute for professional or medical advice. You should always speak with your doctor before you follow anything that you read on this website. Any health question asked on this site will be visible to the people who browse this site. Hence, the user assumes the responsibility not to divulge any personally identifiable information in the question. Use of this site is subject to our Terms & Conditions
Already Rated.
Your rating:

Ask a Doctor