Get your Health question answered in 3 easy steps
A Doctor will be with you shortly
Ask a Doctor Now
200 Doctors are Online

Had homosexual intercourse. Worried about HIV

Hi, i am a gay male and had foreplay with a another man whos HIV status i am unsure of even though he said he had nothing, it was a one night stand. i gave him a blowjob and he also gave me one. there was no pre cum that i could feel. we both performed anilingus on each other (i have gum disease type called ANUG so im not sure if that increases my risk) but i am most concerned at the frottaging. i rubbed my penis against his anus after fingering him and im not sure if i slipped in as i was drunk. i then put a condom on when i entered him but very briefly. im quite worried about this and its not even been a week yet so im very much still in the window period. i have to wait 3 months but im very quite worried, any information / advice would be great. thanks
Asked On : Sat, 4 Aug 2012
Answers:  2 Views:  70
Report Abuse
Share on Facebook
Share on Twitter
Share on Google+
Question is related to
Diseases and Conditions
Lab Tests
General & Family Physician 's  Response
Hi Kyle,

The risk of transmission of HIV in unprotected receptive anal intercourse (URAI) is approximately 1.4%.

You may wait for 3 months and get an ELISA test done or you can get viral RNA PCR tests done as early as after 21 days of the exposure.

Hope this helps.

Always practice safe sex.

Take care.
Answered: Fri, 10 Aug 2012
I find this answer helpful
HIV AIDS Specialist Dr. S. Murugan's  Response
Hai, Welcome to HCM.
Oral sucking of penis, anilingus, fingering with a HIV unknown status individual and having gum disease put together increases your risk for HIV can not be ruled out. At the same time insertive or penetrative sex is at more risk which you are protected with condom. Anyhow you have to be tested for HIV to clear your status. During window period also you can be tested for HIV with other than common tests like rapid test, ELISA and western Blot test. You can have P24 antigen test or DNA PCR test which are become reactive within a weeks time after the entry of organism.
It is little more costly and available at specialized centers.
That will solve your mental agony. Try to stick to one partner and the contact should be protected throughout the act .
Get cleared soon. Dr SM.
Answered: Sat, 11 Aug 2012
I find this answer helpful
Disclaimer: These answers are for your information only and not intended to replace your relationship with your treating physician.
This is a short, free answer. For a more detailed, immediate answer, try our premium service [Sample answer]


Loading Online Doctors....
© Ebix, Inc. All Rights Reserved.
All the information, content and live chat provided on the site is intended to be for informational purposes only, and not a substitute for professional or medical advice. You should always speak with your doctor before you follow anything that you read on this website. Any health question asked on this site will be visible to the people who browse this site. Hence, the user assumes the responsibility not to divulge any personally identifiable information in the question. Use of this site is subject to our Terms & Conditions
Already Rated.
Your rating:

Ask a Doctor