Get your Health question answered in 3 easy steps
A Doctor will be with you shortly
Ask a Doctor Now
176 Doctors are Online

Had hip surgery, septic, not able to walk, spine shows severe degenerative disease with disc desiccation. Remedy?

Hi my 79 yr old mother had r hip surgery in Nov 2012 after a fall. She then had a septic hip and recovered well
She is home from rehab 2 months walking well with walker. Then out of no where she has not been able to walk 7 days today ct hip ok r surgical site . However spine shows severe degenerative disease with disc desiccation etc spodylosis scoliosis djd
Pain sitting and unable to bear weight
Asked On : Fri, 12 Apr 2013
Answers:  1 Views:  11
Report Abuse
Share on Facebook
Share on Twitter
Share on Google+
Question is related to
Diseases and Conditions
Medical Procedures
Spine Surgeon 's  Response
Thanks for writing to us.
Djd scoliosis usually leads to back pain and leg pain. Its important to examine the patient to diagnose the problem. I think she needs to get a mri to know if any nerve is getting pressed.
If she has only pain but no weakness then pain medicine and physical therapy will help.
I would suggest to consult a spine specialist first. Thanks.
Answered: Tue, 28 May 2013
I find this answer helpful

2 Doctors agree with this answer

Disclaimer: These answers are for your information only and not intended to replace your relationship with your treating physician.
This is a short, free answer. For a more detailed, immediate answer, try our premium service [Sample answer]


Loading Online Doctors....
© Ebix, Inc. All Rights Reserved.
All the information, content and live chat provided on the site is intended to be for informational purposes only, and not a substitute for professional or medical advice. You should always speak with your doctor before you follow anything that you read on this website. Any health question asked on this site will be visible to the people who browse this site. Hence, the user assumes the responsibility not to divulge any personally identifiable information in the question. Use of this site is subject to our Terms & Conditions
Already Rated.
Your rating:

Ask a Doctor