Get your Health question answered in 3 easy steps
A Doctor will be with you shortly
Ask a Doctor Now
165 Doctors are Online

Had heart attack, suffering from dual blockage. Angiogram done. What type of treatment to follow?

Hi, My father had a heart attack and is suffering from dual blockage. Please see attached scanned reports for details. Please suggest what type of surgery/treatment he should undergo and also let me know the entire cost. Thanks... Age: 52 Angiogram Information: LMCA – Normal . LAD – Type III vessel, has ostioproximal long 70% lesion , Good Distal flow Diagonal – D1 and D2 Normal LCX – Co-Dominant system, Normal . LPD is normal OMs – OM1 large vessel, Ostioproximal 70% lesion. OM2 normal. RCA – Co- Dominant system, has mild disease at crux. PDA and PLVB Normal . __ ANGIO – Not Done. Moderate LV dysfunction (By 2DECHO) CATH DIAGNOSIS – CAD – Two vessel Disease, Moderate LV dysfunction. CATH ADVICE - CABGS Please let me know if you need further information. If you require I can scan and upload or courier all medical reports & Angiograph CD. Regards, Sanjay +0000
Asked On : Fri, 15 Feb 2013
Answers:  2 Views:  37
Report Abuse
Share on Facebook
Share on Twitter
Share on Google+
Question is related to
Lab Tests
Medical Topics
Cardiologist 's  Response
Hi there,

According to the details given for coronary angiography, your father should undergo CABG with at least LIMA to LAD. A procedure which is preferred in proximal LAD lesions in which left internal mammary artery is grafted.

Answered: Mon, 18 Feb 2013
I find this answer helpful

1 Doctor agrees with this answer

Cardiologist Dr. Vinod Kumar's  Response
hi, as per your angiography report it shows that your father had two vessel disease that osteoproximal, so it is better he has to under go CABG, it gives better result than angioplasty in osteal LAD disease . It has approximate cost of 1.5 lakhs.
Answered: Sun, 17 Feb 2013
I find this answer helpful

1 Doctor agrees with this answer

Disclaimer: These answers are for your information only and not intended to replace your relationship with your treating physician.
This is a short, free answer. For a more detailed, immediate answer, try our premium service [Sample answer]


Loading Online Doctors....
© Ebix, Inc. All Rights Reserved.
All the information, content and live chat provided on the site is intended to be for informational purposes only, and not a substitute for professional or medical advice. You should always speak with your doctor before you follow anything that you read on this website. Any health question asked on this site will be visible to the people who browse this site. Hence, the user assumes the responsibility not to divulge any personally identifiable information in the question. Use of this site is subject to our Terms & Conditions
Already Rated.
Your rating:

Ask a Doctor