Get your Health question answered in 3 easy steps
A Doctor will be with you shortly
Ask a Doctor Now
123 Doctors are Online

Had guillain-barre syndrome, paralysed till lungs. Looking for advanced Physio treatments

Hi.. I m Nandan. this question is with reference to my mother.15 years ago when she was 30, she had a viral attack GUILLIAN BARRY SYNDROME . she was attacked/paralyzed till her lungs. after treatment and a year of physiotherapy she can walk and manage herself at home. but mistake was her footfall was not prevented when in hospital and during rehab , as a result she doesnt have the Dorsiflexion movement in her feet and hence she cant lift her back. its been years since she stopped physiotheraphy n muscle weakness keeps relapsing.Now she has started rehab again.. but i would like to know are there any advanced Physio treatments that can help get back the dorsiflexion movement?.. I was 8 years old when this happened.. Now im 24.. Its been hard years for the family with financial constraints. I would like to put an end to her suffering now atleast. Please help with solutions..
Asked On : Mon, 12 Sep 2011
Answers:  2 Views:  93
Report Abuse
Share on Facebook
Share on Twitter
Share on Google+
Question is related to
Diseases and Conditions
Medical Procedures
Medical Topics
General & Family Physician 's  Response
Hello.welcome.Although surgery can only correct the deformity,you can use a dorsiflexion foot splint which can make her walk with ease.good luck.
Answered: Mon, 12 Sep 2011
I find this answer helpful
Cardiologist Dr. Naresh Ruparelia's  Response
Hi well come to HCM.
Now a days surgerys are performed for correction of this kind of deformities, because
chances of getting much benefit out physio does not look very bright because defrmity
is very old. You should contact good orthopedic surgeon who will guide you about kind
of surgery possible on her and likely out come of surgery. Thanks
Answered: Mon, 12 Sep 2011
I find this answer helpful
Disclaimer: These answers are for your information only and not intended to replace your relationship with your treating physician.
This is a short, free answer. For a more detailed, immediate answer, try our premium service [Sample answer]


Loading Online Doctors....
© Ebix, Inc. All Rights Reserved.
All the information, content and live chat provided on the site is intended to be for informational purposes only, and not a substitute for professional or medical advice. You should always speak with your doctor before you follow anything that you read on this website. Any health question asked on this site will be visible to the people who browse this site. Hence, the user assumes the responsibility not to divulge any personally identifiable information in the question. Use of this site is subject to our Terms & Conditions
Already Rated.
Your rating:

Ask a Doctor