Get your Health question answered in 3 easy steps
A Doctor will be with you shortly
Ask a Doctor Now
163 Doctors are Online

Had fusion L2-S1. Having increased pain. Further course of treatment?

I am fused L2-S1 I lead a fairly active life but with increased pain have been told not to walk long distances or to exercise in the pool. I am going to need a surgeon to look at me. I have had 4 su Rgeries to this area since age 19. I am now 47. Who will take me? I am in TX and my last surgeon was in FL. Can you recommend course of action or doctor?
Asked On : Sun, 2 Dec 2012
Answers:  1 Views:  16
Report Abuse
Share on Facebook
Share on Twitter
Share on Google+
Question is related to
Medical Procedures
Spine Surgeon 's  Response
Thank you for your question.

The symptoms you have described are typical of adjacent segment degeneration. This, I am sure is not new for you as you have already had 4 surgeries. If you are willing to travel you can see a spine surgeon at University of Alabama Birmingham AL. They perform a lot many revision spine surgeries over there.

Wish you the best.
Answered: Thu, 5 Sep 2013
I find this answer helpful
Disclaimer: These answers are for your information only and not intended to replace your relationship with your treating physician.
This is a short, free answer. For a more detailed, immediate answer, try our premium service [Sample answer]


Loading Online Doctors....
© Ebix, Inc. All Rights Reserved.
All the information, content and live chat provided on the site is intended to be for informational purposes only, and not a substitute for professional or medical advice. You should always speak with your doctor before you follow anything that you read on this website. Any health question asked on this site will be visible to the people who browse this site. Hence, the user assumes the responsibility not to divulge any personally identifiable information in the question. Use of this site is subject to our Terms & Conditions
Already Rated.
Your rating:

Ask a Doctor