Get your Health question answered in 3 easy steps
A Doctor will be with you shortly
Ask a Doctor Now
180 Doctors are Online

Had foul smelling breath, flatulence. No diarrhea, fever. What can we do to get source of this odour?

Hello, My nephew who is 3 yo, has had foul smelling breath and foul smelling flatulence . Actually, his breath and gas smell almost exactly alike. This has be evident to me for several days now. No diarrhea , fever . congestion or fever. Short of taking him to his Doctor, is there anything we can do to get at the source of this odor? Your suggestions will be greatly appriceated
Asked On : Mon, 4 Mar 2013
Answers:  1 Views:  69
Report Abuse
Share on Facebook
Share on Twitter
Share on Google+
Question is related to
Diseases and Conditions
Medical Topics
Dentist 's  Response
Foul smelling breath in a 3 year old child may be due to-
Poor oral hygiene maintenance.
Decayed teeth resulting in food lodgement.
I would suggest you to visit a dentist and get a thorough evaluation done.
Meanwhile educate the child about toothbrushing and rinse mouth after every meals.
Use chlorhexidine mouthrinses to gargle.
Hope this helps.
Answered: Mon, 3 Jun 2013
I find this answer helpful
Disclaimer: These answers are for your information only and not intended to replace your relationship with your treating physician.
This is a short, free answer. For a more detailed, immediate answer, try our premium service [Sample answer]


Loading Online Doctors....
© Ebix, Inc. All Rights Reserved.
All the information, content and live chat provided on the site is intended to be for informational purposes only, and not a substitute for professional or medical advice. You should always speak with your doctor before you follow anything that you read on this website. Any health question asked on this site will be visible to the people who browse this site. Hence, the user assumes the responsibility not to divulge any personally identifiable information in the question. Use of this site is subject to our Terms & Conditions
Already Rated.
Your rating:

Ask a Doctor