Get your Health question answered in 3 easy steps
A Doctor will be with you shortly
Ask a Doctor Now
158 Doctors are Online

Had fluid removed after LAP Band surgery. Why fluttering near rib cage?

Hi my name is Lynnene I am 47 and I had lap band surgery two years ago and have not had but one small episode where I had to have some fluid removed because I could not swallow water. Now I am experiencing flutters on my right side near my rib cage and i am wondering what it could be. No pain is associated but I have had the flutters off and on all day for three days now. Concerned
Asked On : Sun, 14 Oct 2012
Answers:  1 Views:  81
Report Abuse
Share on Facebook
Share on Twitter
Share on Google+
Question is related to
Diseases and Conditions
Medical Procedures
Cardiologist 's  Response
Dear patient

witha recent surgical procedure it would be of importance to know if those flutters are coming from an arrhytmia of the heart such as atrial fibrillation or atrial flutter. depending on the frequency a holter monitor or an event monitor may aid in this ruling out

yours truly

Dr Brenes Salazar
Answered: Sun, 7 Jul 2013
I find this answer helpful

1 Doctor agrees with this answer

Disclaimer: These answers are for your information only and not intended to replace your relationship with your treating physician.
This is a short, free answer. For a more detailed, immediate answer, try our premium service [Sample answer]


Loading Online Doctors....
© Ebix, Inc. All Rights Reserved.
All the information, content and live chat provided on the site is intended to be for informational purposes only, and not a substitute for professional or medical advice. You should always speak with your doctor before you follow anything that you read on this website. Any health question asked on this site will be visible to the people who browse this site. Hence, the user assumes the responsibility not to divulge any personally identifiable information in the question. Use of this site is subject to our Terms & Conditions
Already Rated.
Your rating:

Ask a Doctor