Hi thanks for your question.
Most dangerous effect of electric shock
is ventricular fibrillation
(electric shock to heart) which occurs during electric shock. Luckily he escaped that. The second dangerous effect is burns which also he didn't have. Third effect of burns is and damage to nerve and muscles, resulting in muscle necrosis
which is giving pain to your father. If proper care of patient is not taken, too much muscle necrosis can damage the kidney
later on. Morphine
is strong pain killer ideally he should respond to it. with decrease in inflammation in due course of time he will respond to pain killer and his condition will improve.
Hope this answers your question.