Get your Health question answered in 3 easy steps
A Doctor will be with you shortly
Ask a Doctor Now
151 Doctors are Online

Had ectopic pregnancy, swelling in right tube, ovary infection. Want to conceive. Recommendations?

hii,I am 31 years old n had ectopic pregnancy 2 years before.nw i n planing fr HSG test i found my right tube is lil swell n overy infection..after tht my doctor said for ESR test n MX test..ESR is 25 and Mantoux test is+ve..nw my doctor suggest me fr TB PCR...i am very everything will be it possible to conceive a child..
Asked On : Sun, 17 Mar 2013
Answers:  1 Views:  23
Report Abuse
Share on Facebook
Share on Twitter
Share on Google+
Question is related to
Diseases and Conditions
Medical Topics
OBGYN 's  Response
Mar 2013
Thanks for your query.
Firstly, an old ectopic pregnancy can often affect and damage the fallopian tube.
The way in which your previous ectopic pregnancy was managed is a significant detail that you have not provided.
HSG is not always confirmatory for tubal function.
It can never comment on an ovarian infection.
ESR and Mantoux tests are least reliable to diagnose tuberculosis.
A TB PCR is the confirmatory test to diagnose genital tuberculosis, if you are having symptoms.
From the fertility point of view, it is more important to test the patency of your fallopian tubes by a laparoscopy.
Also, your ovarian reserve should be tested by relevant ovarian function tests.
Semen analysis of your partner also should be done.
I would advise you to consult an Infertility Specialist at the earliest.
Take care.
Answered: Mon, 18 Mar 2013
I find this answer helpful

1 Doctor agrees with this answer

Disclaimer: These answers are for your information only and not intended to replace your relationship with your treating physician.
This is a short, free answer. For a more detailed, immediate answer, try our premium service [Sample answer]


Loading Online Doctors....
© Ebix, Inc. All Rights Reserved.
All the information, content and live chat provided on the site is intended to be for informational purposes only, and not a substitute for professional or medical advice. You should always speak with your doctor before you follow anything that you read on this website. Any health question asked on this site will be visible to the people who browse this site. Hence, the user assumes the responsibility not to divulge any personally identifiable information in the question. Use of this site is subject to our Terms & Conditions
Already Rated.
Your rating:

Ask a Doctor