Get your Health question answered in 3 easy steps
A Doctor will be with you shortly
Ask a Doctor Now
130 Doctors are Online

Had diarrhea. Had swelling and sore feeling in anus. Should I consult a doctor?

hey i had diarrhoea for a day about a week ago, after which my anus felt very sore for a few days. A couple of days later i realised that a small section of my anus had swollen up. it s no longer painful of uncomfortable except when wiping. Wondering if you think it could be something bad or worth going to a doctor about?
Asked On : Thu, 21 Jun 2012
Answers:  1 Views:  165
Report Abuse
Share on Facebook
Share on Twitter
Share on Google+
Question is related to
Diseases and Conditions
Medical Topics
General & Family Physician 's  Response

I do not think it is very serious health concern to see a doctor.

It most probably seems to be due to friction and constant rub. You can apply liquid paraffin, Vaseline, or petroleum jelly on the affected part of the anus. It should be gone in a week's time.

Get well soon.

Answered: Thu, 21 Jun 2012
I find this answer helpful
Disclaimer: These answers are for your information only and not intended to replace your relationship with your treating physician.
This is a short, free answer. For a more detailed, immediate answer, try our premium service [Sample answer]


Loading Online Doctors....
© Ebix, Inc. All Rights Reserved.
All the information, content and live chat provided on the site is intended to be for informational purposes only, and not a substitute for professional or medical advice. You should always speak with your doctor before you follow anything that you read on this website. Any health question asked on this site will be visible to the people who browse this site. Hence, the user assumes the responsibility not to divulge any personally identifiable information in the question. Use of this site is subject to our Terms & Conditions
Already Rated.
Your rating:

Ask a Doctor