Get your Health question answered in 3 easy steps
A Doctor will be with you shortly
Ask a Doctor Now
183 Doctors are Online

Had diagnosed posterior fissure. Applying gel dilliact. What will help heal?

Hi... Just got a medical checkup done from a gastro specialist ...he had diagnosed posterior fissure in ano....& advised to apply local gel Dilliact 3 times a day....I am suffering from this for last 5 has advised if this does not heal in 7 days a surgical procedure is required.......can you please let me know what is this surgical procedure
Asked On : Sun, 30 Dec 2012
Answers:  1 Views:  74
Report Abuse
Share on Facebook
Share on Twitter
Share on Google+
Question is related to
Diseases and Conditions
General & Family Physician 's  Response
Hello and thanks for writing in
If medical treatment fails than surgery is the choice of treatment. A small surgical procedure is done to release the fissure in ano.
1. Dilation: Dilation of the fissure with proctoscope under anesthesia can be done and it may need multiple sitting.
2. Surgery: The tendon causing the fissure is released by small incision and it is a best cure for the diseases. The recovery time is about a week.
Your surgeon can decide better which procedure is best for you.
Best Wishes and get well soon
Answered: Sun, 30 Dec 2012
I find this answer helpful
Disclaimer: These answers are for your information only and not intended to replace your relationship with your treating physician.
This is a short, free answer. For a more detailed, immediate answer, try our premium service [Sample answer]


Loading Online Doctors....
© Ebix, Inc. All Rights Reserved.
All the information, content and live chat provided on the site is intended to be for informational purposes only, and not a substitute for professional or medical advice. You should always speak with your doctor before you follow anything that you read on this website. Any health question asked on this site will be visible to the people who browse this site. Hence, the user assumes the responsibility not to divulge any personally identifiable information in the question. Use of this site is subject to our Terms & Conditions
Already Rated.
Your rating:

Ask a Doctor