Get your Health question answered in 3 easy steps
A Doctor will be with you shortly
Ask a Doctor Now
197 Doctors are Online

Had cut on hand that left scar, want to do away with it

hello doctor ,i have cut my hand due to some problem,but now i have marks which is obvious,as now i am into film field,i need to get rid of it ,please do tell me any remedy or surgery ,i did consult cosmetic surgeons but they said there is no way to get rid of it,they can just reduce the bum. waiting for you reply thanking you XXXXXX
Asked On : Sat, 10 Mar 2012
Answers:  2 Views:  61
Report Abuse
Share on Facebook
Share on Twitter
Share on Google+
Question is related to
Medical Procedures
Cosmetic & Plastic Surgeon 's  Response
Thanks for your query on healthcare magic.
The cut marks on your upper extremity which you have mentioned your hand is most probably your volar aspect of wrist which are known as suicidal attempt marks.They usually are visualized as hypertrophied scars.The treatment has to have these prerequisites :
1) The scars should be mature - more than about a year old with no blanching , itching or pain in it .
2) No active wound or systemic or regional infection should be present near it

The treatment options depend upon the number of scars and the area involved

If they are in a limited area :
It can be revised with excision of previous scars and infiltrating it with Injections followed by few applications of ointments and compression along with silicon gel sheet (Once the stitches are removed )
This is followed by multiple sitting of fractional CO2 laser for resurfacing and making the scars most inconspicuous.
If the covered area is very extensive resurfacing of the defect can be done by tissue expanding the adjacent skin of the limb and then advancing the adjacent skin over this which leave just a faint line of the advanced flap which can further be resurfaced by fractional laser.
I hope i have answered to your query
God Bless
Answered: Mon, 11 Jun 2012
I find this answer helpful
Dermatologist Dr. Puvvula Kishore Kumar's  Response
Hi...dear XXXX..,

Thanks for choosing HCM..,

I understood...Ur problem...,

it could be due to failure of 143..ok..,

Now U have Scar marks..that is more marked...,

For these......good treatment is there..,

It can be reduce by...,


2) Topical BICORNEUM....Silicone gel ...

but it will take time consuming and not satisfactory...,

3) LASER.... it is best..,

Surgical scar removal procedures are painful and invasive and have a risk for complications...,

Laser scar removal from fractional laser technology to deliver rapid, reliable scar removal with less risk, less pain and minimal downtime. fractional laser technology is the driving power behind and surgical scar removal procedure. Hence Use pulses of laser light to coagulate scar tissue and trigger healthy new tissue . Healing time is minimal, infection risk is eliminated and little to no pain is felt.

Laser scar removal with Palomar is appropriate for use on all skin types, makiPalomar offers the following equipment for laser scar removal for surgical scars:

1) StarLux® Systems, Artisan™ System, Palomar Icon™ System

2) StarLux and Artisan Application-Specific Handpiece:

Lux1540™, XD™ Microlens

3) Palomar Icon Application-Specific Handpiece:

1540 Fractional Laser, XD™ Microlens..,

So consult good dermatologist ..and take appropriate measures..,

Any doubt contact..ok..good lcuk.,
Answered: Sat, 10 Mar 2012
I find this answer helpful
Disclaimer: These answers are for your information only and not intended to replace your relationship with your treating physician.
This is a short, free answer. For a more detailed, immediate answer, try our premium service [Sample answer]


Loading Online Doctors....
© Ebix, Inc. All Rights Reserved.
All the information, content and live chat provided on the site is intended to be for informational purposes only, and not a substitute for professional or medical advice. You should always speak with your doctor before you follow anything that you read on this website. Any health question asked on this site will be visible to the people who browse this site. Hence, the user assumes the responsibility not to divulge any personally identifiable information in the question. Use of this site is subject to our Terms & Conditions
Already Rated.
Your rating:

Ask a Doctor