Get your Health question answered in 3 easy steps
A Doctor will be with you shortly
Ask a Doctor Now
190 Doctors are Online

Had constipation. Stopped solid intake. Continue EVICT?

HI Doc , My son is 18 months old. When he was around 6 months old constipation started i used to give lots of juices figs and it was cured didnt go for any doc or english medicines. But now since 4 months again he started suffering from severe constipation my doc suggested EVICT on a daily basis till he is 2-3 years old. since last 1 week again he had severe constipation due to which he stopped taking food also now she has prescribed cremaffin for 1 week and then continue with EVICT Is it good to give cremaffin / EVICT on a long term. Please advice why is this happening is there any other solution to this so that my son will pass stool naturally n normally like others. Please ADVICE. Thanks, Soumya Anant
Asked On : Thu, 20 Sep 2012
Answers:  1 Views:  360
Report Abuse
Share on Facebook
Share on Twitter
Share on Google+
Question is related to
Diseases and Conditions
General & Family Physician 's  Response
Hi welcome to hcm
Normally children will have constipation due to lack of digestive takes 5years for the baby to give plenty of fluids to your child.syrup Zymax or Aristozyme in pediatric suspension will improve your baby s digestion as it contains digestive enzymes.Cremaffin or evict are laxative can use them for 2-3months followed by use of those syrup whenever your baby is constipated.consult your pediatrician for expert management.
Answered: Mon, 6 Oct 2014
I find this answer helpful
Disclaimer: These answers are for your information only and not intended to replace your relationship with your treating physician.
This is a short, free answer. For a more detailed, immediate answer, try our premium service [Sample answer]


Loading Online Doctors....
© Ebix, Inc. All Rights Reserved.
All the information, content and live chat provided on the site is intended to be for informational purposes only, and not a substitute for professional or medical advice. You should always speak with your doctor before you follow anything that you read on this website. Any health question asked on this site will be visible to the people who browse this site. Hence, the user assumes the responsibility not to divulge any personally identifiable information in the question. Use of this site is subject to our Terms & Conditions
Already Rated.
Your rating:

Ask a Doctor