Get your Health question answered in 3 easy steps
A Doctor will be with you shortly
Ask a Doctor Now
134 Doctors are Online

Had cold and fever. Upper chest burns when coughed or sneezed. Is it a common flu/cold ?

last month l had a cold that went away. it just came back this week with a fever the first day and a very sore upper back the next day and since, three days now. my right front upper chest burns when l cough and my upper right back has pain when l cough or sneeze. it is so uncomfortable, there is no relief to sit or lay. should l go to the doctor or is it just a cold/flu?
Asked On : Tue, 23 Apr 2013
Answers:  1 Views:  26
Report Abuse
Share on Facebook
Share on Twitter
Share on Google+
Question is related to
Diseases and Conditions
General & Family Physician 's  Response
Sep 2013
Hi, thanks for calling to H.C M.
Pain on both sides back as well front on the chest parts i.e involvement of right lung.
Right or left lugs are lies in thoracic cage on both sides extending from top of the chest to lower part of bony cage i.e. from the base of neck to just above the abdomen( the portion where thorax ends).
Now coming to your question that there is pain and it seems that the infection is in the apex of right lung and disease may be due to an infection. ( consolidation or pneumothorax ).
So get in Xray chest and blood examination and find out the reason.
Take a deep breath and if there is excruciating pain during deep breathing than diagnosis is sure as above mentioned.
Take these things seriously and take treatment before it is too late.
Good luck. Dr. HET
Answered: Tue, 23 Apr 2013
I find this answer helpful
Disclaimer: These answers are for your information only and not intended to replace your relationship with your treating physician.
This is a short, free answer. For a more detailed, immediate answer, try our premium service [Sample answer]


Loading Online Doctors....
© Ebix, Inc. All Rights Reserved.
All the information, content and live chat provided on the site is intended to be for informational purposes only, and not a substitute for professional or medical advice. You should always speak with your doctor before you follow anything that you read on this website. Any health question asked on this site will be visible to the people who browse this site. Hence, the user assumes the responsibility not to divulge any personally identifiable information in the question. Use of this site is subject to our Terms & Conditions
Already Rated.
Your rating:

Ask a Doctor