Get your Health question answered in 3 easy steps
A Doctor will be with you shortly
Ask a Doctor Now
121 Doctors are Online

Had car accident and have painful bruise on breast. Can this cause breast cancer?

I was in a car accident last week and the seat belt or air bag left a big painful bruise on my right breast. I have not been to a Dr. about it but I wonder could this cause breast cancer or other problems. Should I go to my OB-GYN or get or take some kind of medicine for the soreness and bad bruise?Please tell me what to do. Thanks, Sue
Asked On : Wed, 27 Feb 2013
Answers:  3 Views:  1863
Report Abuse
Share on Facebook
Share on Twitter
Share on Google+
Question is related to
Diseases and Conditions
Medical Procedures
Medical Topics
Critical Care Specialist 's  Response
Dear patient, trauma to the breast had not been found to cause any breast cancer. Instead it may simply draw the patients attention towards a pre existing swelling or lump in the breast that could be benign or malignant(cancer). However breast trauma can cause bruising over breast, haematoma (collection of blood) in the breast, which if gets infected can change in to breast abcess. Long term rare complications of breast trauma is traumatic fat necrosis which presents as a hard immobile lump in the breast resembling clinically to breast cancer but it is not a cancer. You can consult your doctor to see if there is no haematoma formation or any other deep injury in the breast and can at the same time take some pain killer and antibiotic provided you don't have any allergy to them . Drugs you can take include
tab voveran sr 75 MG twice daily after meals
tab augmentin duo 625 mg twice after meals
tab pantodac 40 mg 1 hour before brakefast
Answered: Wed, 27 Feb 2013
I find this answer helpful
Dentist, Oral and Maxillofacial Surgery Dr. Manmeet Singh's  Response
thnk u for the query.
the painful bruise is definitely due to trauma alone. U should have got urself examined by a doctor. U need not worry and think of breast cancer etc. Make up ur mind and seek a doctor so as to get urself right medication for recovery.
Answered: Wed, 27 Feb 2013
I find this answer helpful
General & Family Physician Dr. Mahendra Lohar's  Response
thank you for query
I think it is not cancer. Dont worry about should be a ulcer.
you should meet to general surgeon for this problem.
management of ulcer- incision and drainage, antibiotic,and proper dressing .
if you have doubt for malignancy go for biopsy for breast tissue.
Answered: Wed, 27 Feb 2013
I find this answer helpful

 1 user finds this helpful

1 Doctor agrees with this answer

Disclaimer: These answers are for your information only and not intended to replace your relationship with your treating physician.
This is a short, free answer. For a more detailed, immediate answer, try our premium service [Sample answer]


Loading Online Doctors....
© Ebix, Inc. All Rights Reserved.
All the information, content and live chat provided on the site is intended to be for informational purposes only, and not a substitute for professional or medical advice. You should always speak with your doctor before you follow anything that you read on this website. Any health question asked on this site will be visible to the people who browse this site. Hence, the user assumes the responsibility not to divulge any personally identifiable information in the question. Use of this site is subject to our Terms & Conditions
Already Rated.
Your rating:

Ask a Doctor