Get your Health question answered in 3 easy steps
A Doctor will be with you shortly
Ask a Doctor Now
149 Doctors are Online

Had car accident. Was on aspirin twice a day. Asked to stop taking birth control pills since they would cause clots. Have bad blood clots. Solution?

I was in a bad car accident. The doc put me on an aspirin 2 times a day.They are 325 mg. Also, i was on birth control . My ob gyn told me to stop taking the birth control pills because they can cause blood clots. She said she couldn t believe my orthopaedic doctor didn t tell me this. I have severe cramps and bad blood clots. What can I take for the cramps?
Asked On : Tue, 15 Jan 2013
Answers:  1 Views:  17
Report Abuse
Share on Facebook
Share on Twitter
Share on Google+
Question is related to
Diseases and Conditions
General Surgeon 's  Response
Welcome to Healthcare-Magic
Greetings of the day

Analgesic like Ibuprofen which also has beneficial antiplatelet activity like aspirin will be helpful in relieving cramps.
Also ensure good intake of calcium in diet.
In case you need any further assistance, will be glad to assist you.

Wishing you happy and healthy life

Take Care

Best Regards
Dr Deepak K K
Answered: Fri, 3 Jan 2014
I find this answer helpful
Disclaimer: These answers are for your information only and not intended to replace your relationship with your treating physician.
This is a short, free answer. For a more detailed, immediate answer, try our premium service [Sample answer]


Loading Online Doctors....
© Ebix, Inc. All Rights Reserved.
All the information, content and live chat provided on the site is intended to be for informational purposes only, and not a substitute for professional or medical advice. You should always speak with your doctor before you follow anything that you read on this website. Any health question asked on this site will be visible to the people who browse this site. Hence, the user assumes the responsibility not to divulge any personally identifiable information in the question. Use of this site is subject to our Terms & Conditions
Already Rated.
Your rating:

Ask a Doctor