Get your Health question answered in 3 easy steps
A Doctor will be with you shortly
Ask a Doctor Now
154 Doctors are Online

Had burning sensation in head. Done CT Scan. Found calcified granuloma right parietal region. Taking homoeopathy treatment. Can you suggest treatment for this?

i m 30yrs, 3 months back i had a problem of burning sensation in my head and i ve consulted a neurologist who suggested me for a CT Scan which results as Calcified granuloma right parietal region right now i m on homoeopathy medication. the doctor does t know about Calcified granuloma.i ll be anxiously waiting for your response. It is my CT Scan report CT SCAN BRAIN WITHOUT CONTRAST Reports:: Serial axial sections of the brain were studied. Calcified foci measuring4 .5mm i s seeni n right parietal region. The study shows normal attenuation of rest of the brain parenchyma. The sections of the brain do not reveal any area of altered tissue density. The ventricular system shows normal anatomical configuration with no shift of midline sructures. Subarachnoid cisterns and sulcal spaces appear normal. Posterior fossa structures appear normal. Sella and parasellar regions are normal. IMPRESSION: - Calcified granuloma right parietal region ., ---- END OF THE REPORT -..- DR. SUNDER K
Asked On : Tue, 3 Jul 2012
Answers:  3 Views:  436
Report Abuse
Share on Facebook
Share on Twitter
Share on Google+
Question is related to
Diseases and Conditions
Lab Tests
Medical Topics
OBGYN 's  Response
Thanks for writing to us.
A calcified granuloma is a benign calcified lesion in the brain which may or may not be the cause of your sympotoms. YUsually such lesions are non progressive and if these are very large in size only then do they produce any symptoms.
I hope this information has been both informative and helpful for you.
Dr. Rakhi Tayal
Answered: Tue, 3 Jul 2012
I find this answer helpful
Internal Medicine Specialist Dr. Rajeev Chavda's  Response
Welcome to HCM,
I have read your query, a granuloma is a medical condition characterized by a noncancerous inflammation in the tissue. Doctors occasionally use the term "granuloma" loosely to mean "a small nodule". Since a small nodule can represent anything from a harmless nevus to a malignant tumour, this usage of the term is not very specific. The correct use of the term "granuloma" requires a pathologist to examine surgically removed and specially stained tissue under a microscope, which is obviously not a viable procedure in your case. Typically, a granuloma encompasses only a small part of the tissue. For the most part, a person with a granuloma does not experience any signs or symptomsWhen found during an x-ray/mri/ct examination, the granuloma is often mistaken for cancer. A calcified granuloma is a granuloma containing calcium deposits. Since it usually takes some time for calcium to be deposited in a granuloma, it is generally assumed that a calcified granuloma is an old granuloma. Granulomas can be caused by a variety of biologic, chemical and physical irritants of tissue. The fact that a granuloma is localized is important. Granulomas have a typical pattern when examined under a microscope. You do not mention whether you have actually mentioned these facts to your doctor or preferable of a neurologist, and if not then I would strongly recommend that you obtain his/her views on the case. Thanks
Answered: Tue, 3 Jul 2012
I find this answer helpful
Ayurveda Specialist Dr. Nikul Patel's  Response
You should have to inform your homeopath consultant about your CT scan reprot and he/she can manage it with proper medicines.
Answered: Wed, 4 Jul 2012
I find this answer helpful
Disclaimer: These answers are for your information only and not intended to replace your relationship with your treating physician.
This is a short, free answer. For a more detailed, immediate answer, try our premium service [Sample answer]


Loading Online Doctors....
© Ebix, Inc. All Rights Reserved.
All the information, content and live chat provided on the site is intended to be for informational purposes only, and not a substitute for professional or medical advice. You should always speak with your doctor before you follow anything that you read on this website. Any health question asked on this site will be visible to the people who browse this site. Hence, the user assumes the responsibility not to divulge any personally identifiable information in the question. Use of this site is subject to our Terms & Conditions
Already Rated.
Your rating:

Ask a Doctor