Get your Health question answered in 3 easy steps
A Doctor will be with you shortly
Ask a Doctor Now
163 Doctors are Online

Had bump on thigh. Difficult to sit. Popped the tip. Oozed blood and pus. Suggestions?

I am a 20 year old male. I had a round bump on my back thigh, on top of that bump, was another nub, dark red. It was painful to touch, and sitting became a slight issue. However, when i slept, the round maroon redish nub had fallen off and my back thigh started oozing blood and pus . That wasn t really that painful, I proceeded to push the remainder of the pus and blood out, but it was still too painful, I stomached it though and pushed as much as I could before I couldn t anymore. Right now, I have a slight hole in my leg from where the nub was and my question is how bad is it? And should I be worried.
Asked On : Mon, 18 Mar 2013
Answers:  1 Views:  27
Report Abuse
Share on Facebook
Share on Twitter
Share on Google+
Dermatologist 's  Response
hi,by ur symptoms it can be a abcess.only antiboitics wont can be cured with incission and drainage and a course of antibioict
Answered: Wed, 3 Jul 2013
I find this answer helpful

1 Doctor agrees with this answer

Disclaimer: These answers are for your information only and not intended to replace your relationship with your treating physician.
This is a short, free answer. For a more detailed, immediate answer, try our premium service [Sample answer]


Loading Online Doctors....
© Ebix, Inc. All Rights Reserved.
All the information, content and live chat provided on the site is intended to be for informational purposes only, and not a substitute for professional or medical advice. You should always speak with your doctor before you follow anything that you read on this website. Any health question asked on this site will be visible to the people who browse this site. Hence, the user assumes the responsibility not to divulge any personally identifiable information in the question. Use of this site is subject to our Terms & Conditions
Already Rated.
Your rating:

Ask a Doctor