Get your Health question answered in 3 easy steps
A Doctor will be with you shortly
Ask a Doctor Now
181 Doctors are Online

Had bump on cheek. Recently became bigger, red, swollen, popped, released foul smelling pus. What could it be?

my boyfriend had a bump under his skin, on his cheek under his eye about an inch. it was quite big, like 3mm smaller in size than a marble. it didn t have a head on it, and it stuck out from his face. Recently it got bigger and red, and his cheek was swollen a bit. It popped and he said alot of puss came out and it stunk. What is this?
Asked On : Tue, 15 Jan 2013
Answers:  1 Views:  26
Report Abuse
Share on Facebook
Share on Twitter
Share on Google+
Question is related to
Diseases and Conditions
Dermatologist 's  Response
From the description that you have given, it could have been an abscess or a boil. As it has already ruptured and drained, ask your friend to clean the area with betadine or savlon and apply an antibacterial cream like mupirocin or fusidic acid. If the lesion is still painful, he might take an antiinflammatory painkiller like ibuprofen. Also if the lesion is big, a course of oral antibiotic might be required for complete healing and resolution. Hope that answers your query. Take care.
Answered: Wed, 16 Jan 2013
I find this answer helpful
Disclaimer: These answers are for your information only and not intended to replace your relationship with your treating physician.
This is a short, free answer. For a more detailed, immediate answer, try our premium service [Sample answer]


Loading Online Doctors....
© Ebix, Inc. All Rights Reserved.
All the information, content and live chat provided on the site is intended to be for informational purposes only, and not a substitute for professional or medical advice. You should always speak with your doctor before you follow anything that you read on this website. Any health question asked on this site will be visible to the people who browse this site. Hence, the user assumes the responsibility not to divulge any personally identifiable information in the question. Use of this site is subject to our Terms & Conditions
Already Rated.
Your rating:

Ask a Doctor